Chapter 4

"What's going on, Saiki?" Teruhashi said, ignorant to the terrifying future that could take place. She almost screamed because she was so startled when Saiki firmly grabbed her shoulders. "Teruhashi, I know you aren't going to believe me, but long story short, I have physic abilities. And what I just saw was a future where.. you die because I couldn't save you from the meteor. I guess the reason why everyone else was alive was because they found a safe place, and you didn't because well.. I was too stubborn to say, not admit, say that I loved you." Kusuo finished his sentence with a scarred look on his face, like he just walked out of a horror movie.

"Saiki.. I didn't know that you'd care if I die." Teruhashi said, then dropping the Perfect Pretty Girl voice.

"Ok, how do I, y'know, not get hit by a meteor?"

"You wouldn't be hit by the meteor, even though it's landing place is pretty close by. I know it sounds horrible but you would actually not be able to breath because of the smoke-"

As Saiki said that, he was actually able to sense the meteor landing about thirty seconds beofre it did. "Dammit! I'm too late, I can't prevent the meteor from hitting the ground." Teruhashi screamed and wrapped her arms around Saiki, and he didn't try to push her off. In a moment of desperation, he hugged her back and said "Oh wow" out loud using his mouth instead of telepathy. They hugged each other while Teruhashi cried for about 30 seconds until the life-destroying meteor smashed into the ground about a block away from them. Saiki knew he'd be fine, after all he was the strongest person in the world, however he knew that Kokomi wouldn't survive unless he did something. And he had to do something now. Within seconds he could see smoke rushing toward them. He picked up Teruhashi and tried to teleport, but since his abilities were weakened he couldn't go more than a few feet while carrying her. He couldn't see anything due to the smoke until he put her down and blew it away form the hill using his powers, but it was too late.