Chapter 7

Saiki couldn't take it anymore. He slammed the door open and the doctors looked up at him with a worried expression. "What the hell happened? What'd you do to her?" He said, sounding angry and desperate at the same time. The main doctor looked at Saiki with tears in his eyes. "Time of death.. 5:47 PM." Saiki stared at the doctor like he was about to punch him, but instead he told him with a shaky voice, "T-thank you for trying." He turned to leave but decided to stay with her for a little while longer. "I-is it ok if I.. if I stay here for a while?" The doctors looked at each other and agreed, and they all left looking defeated." Saiki looked at Teruhashi, with the same dull expression as usual, but somehow sadder and he was shaking. He looked out the small window of the door to make sure no one was looking, then he went up to Kokomi with a final plan that would take all the strength he had left in his body.

Saiki put his hands over Teruhashi's heart and pressed down as hard as he could, he could hear a bone crack but that wouldn't matter if this worked. He quickly yanked out both his limiters and threw them on the floor, increasing his strength and adrenaline coursing though his veins. He used every bit of energy he had to heal Teruhashi's heart, hoping to get it to the point where it could beat on it's own. He screamed as he pushed out his full healing power before falling onto the cheap wooden floor. He was knocked out for a few seconds from using that much power, but shaking, he pulled himself off the floor to see Teruhashi's heart monitor beeping. He fell backwards into the chair that was placed by her bed, his own heart racing as he passed out again, this time for about an hour. He was woken up by none other then Kokomi, who at first he thought was an angel. She was able to stand by Kusuo's side, even though she was still a bit tired.

"Saiki.. why are we in the hospital? Are you ok?"

"I.. I saved you.."

"What? That doesn't make sense.. were at a doctor's office?"

"I brought you here.. the doctors didn't really help. You were pronounced dead for a few minutes before they left and I could heal you.. it took a lot of power though-"

Just after he said that he groaned in pain. Even though Teruhashi will never understand the agony Saiki went through to save her, she could tell he was hurting, and hurting bad.

"Why did you save me even though you knew it would damage you? Are your powers back to normal or something?"

"No my powers are weaker than ever, and to be honest I don't know why I saved you.. your really annoying."

Teruhashi laughed, relieved to know that Saiki was his usual sarcastic self.

"You wanna go home now?" She said with a happy tone in her voice, which seemed genuine as Saiki was used to her fake Perfect Pretty Girl laugh.

"Yea.. I hate hospitals".

And with that they walked out of the building, this time Kokomi helping Kusuo. He was embarrassed, but her holding on to his arm was better than him being in more pain. Something about her seemed to put him at ease, but he almost jumped ten feet when she grabbed his hand. Now his heart was throbbing even more than it did when he passed out, and honestly, he didn't mind it.