Chapter 17

No one's POV:

Weiss fell to her knees besides her wounded girlfriend. "No...no no no no...Ruby...open your eyes..." Weiss commanded applying pressure on her wounds. Yang, Blake, and a few others of Ruby's clan jumped from the trees holding weapons. "LEO! ION! TAKE WEISS AND RUBY BACK HOME WE'LL TAKE CARE OF THIS!!" Yang yelled to the two wolves. The two boys nodded picking up their injured friend and spreading out their wings and flying off with her. Even though Weiss desperately wanted to go with them she decided to stay and help fight.

Back at the Rose clan

Ion and Leo barged into Isuki's medical tent. "Oh hey g-OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED!!" Isuki yelled helping the two boys place Ruby on the medical bed.
"She was injured in battle she needs help now!" Leo explained. Isuki grabbed his medical supplies he told the boys to leave and wait. Isuki worked hard to stitch Ruby's wounds. After a few hours he finished he slowly bandaged Ruby's abdomen. He wiped the sweat away from his brow "there you go...please be alright..." Isuki muttered sighing. He walked to Tai who was waiting pacing back in forth.
He noticed Isuki "ISUKI! IS MY DAUGHTER OK!?" Tai asked frantically his eyes red from crying.
Isuki smiled "she'll be alright...but she's in a coma like state..." Isuki said with a glum expression. "What do you mean...?" Tai asked with a worried tone. "She's in a coma...I'm not sure for how long but she will be fine...when she wakes up," Isuki explained moving his blond hair away from his eyes. Tai sobbed Isuki placed his hand on Tai's shoulder.

Yang, Blake, Weiss, and the rest of the wolves came back a few hours later with wounds and bruises. Yang spotted her dad sitting in the waiting room. "DAD!" Yang yelled with relief as she ran to her father. Tai looked up as a small grin came into his face.
He hugged his older daughter tightly "thank the gods you're ok!" Tai said happily.
"Dad...where is Ruby...?" Yang asked worriedl.
Tai looked down "she's...alive...but...she's in a coma..." Tai explained.
Everyone gasped in unison "what..." Weiss muttered in disbelief. Tai slowly nodded Weiss fell to the ground sobbing violently. Yang and Blake fell besides her both hugging her comfortingly.

Ruby's POV:

Dark...

Quiet...

Where am I...

Everything was black I couldn't move. I starred at my hands "h...hello...!" I called attempting to figure out where I was. "Weiss...!...Yang...!...anyone!" I called now being able to move.

"Hello sweetheart..."

I instantly recognized the voice of my mother. I slowly turned to face her "m...mom..." I muttered feeling tears well up in my eyes.
She smiled "m...mom...w...where am I...!?" I asked with fear lacing my voice.
Mom smiled warmly "you're at the bridge between life and death..." She explained. "DEATH!!" I began to panic thinking that I'm going to die and never see my family and friends again...and Weiss. Mom held up her finger "ah ah ah! Don't forget the life part," she said with a smirk. I calmed down "so...a-am I going to die...?" I asked the worry beginning to build up again. "No...it isn't your time...you have so much to do in your life...you have people who love and care about you..." Mom said placing her hand on my shoulder. "Hm...I like your girlfriend she seem like a amazing girl...I love you my little flower..." Mom said pulling me into a hug. Tears fell from my eyes "I'm so sorry I wasn't strong enough to protect you...I wasn't strong enough to stop him from hurting you...I'm just glad you finally have people in your life to make you happy...I love you so much Ruby you are the best daughter anyone could ask for...never lose hope...

I love you..."

Was the last thing she said before she began to dissolve into white rose petals. "Mom! Mom! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME AGAIN!!!" I desperately try to reach for her but, an invisible force began pulling me from her. "NO! MAMA! PLEASE!!" I tried one last time to reach for her. She faded away leaving me alone once again. I feel to my knees "no..." I whispered feeling like my world collapse just like the day when I saw her die.

My eyes shot open as I quickly sat up in bed. I gasp for air quickly glancing around the room. I felt a hand on my shoulder I growled slapping the hand away without thinking. I turn my head to face the person. It was Weiss. I gasped noticed the scratch I had made on her hand. "W...Weiss! I...I'm so sorry...I didn't realize it was you!" I apologized profusely. Weiss just smiled as tears filled her eyes she hugged me tightly burying her face into my shoulder. "YOU AWAKE!!!" she shouted hugging me even tighter.
I smiled hugging her back "yeah...I'm awake..." I whispered. She let go of me wiping her tears away "how long have I been out?" I asked as Weiss bandaged her hand.
"You've been out for about four days...we were all worried that...you wouldn't wake up..." Weiss whispered squeezing her hands together.
I grinned "well I'm awake now! And I promise I'm not going anywhere!" I cheered happily. Weiss smiled "you better not..." Weiss said pinching my cheek.
The door burst open due to yang, Blake, and dad "I HEARD VOICES!!" Yang yelled excitedly. Yang hugged me tighter than Weiss "y...yang...I...c...can't...breath...." I coughed as I gasped for sweet sweet air.
She let me go mumbling a soft sorry. Dad patted my head "I missed you my sweet baby girl!" He yelled squeezing me even tighter. "D...dad!" I yelled as he let me go.
"How do you feel?" Dad asked with a comforting smile. "I feel fine..." I said noticing praxis come and sit next to him. I remembered my dream "dad...I...I saw mom..." I said looking up at him. His eyes widened "what...h...how is that possible!?" He asked with confusion laced all over his voice. I averted my eyes from him "I was at the...bridge of life and death...she was there...she told me about how much she missed you and yang...and...she apologized for not being able to protect me...from...him..." I explained with pain in my voice as tears threatened to escape my eyes. Dad held my hand and so did yang "I believe you...there are legends of the bridge of life and death...and every centerary a new keeper is chosen...I guess summer is the keeper of the bridge," a small but proud smile came onto his face. "She was a great hero...like you...you take so much from your mother...she would be very proud of you," he said I noticed the tears in his eyes. I grinned widely "thank you papa...!" I shouted hugging him tightly. I felt everyone hug me in a giant group hug.

"I love all of you...I will do anything to protect my family..."

Heh