Chapter 19

Ruby's POV:

I sat at my desk going over paperwork I sigh rubbing my tired eyes. I glanced at the clock "11:47" I thought rubbing my temple. I yawned stretching out my arms I felt my tail go up as I stretched. "Ruby you alright?" Weiss's voice came from behind me. I turned my chair to face her "yeah...I'm fine...just doing paperwork..." I muttered hoping she wouldn't notice the bags under my eyes. She gave me a concerned smile "wait...I'll be right back," Weiss said cheerfully as she walked out the door.
I was a bit confused but, just shrugged and continued with my paperwork. Weiss came back a few minutes later I turned my head to see Weiss handing me a cup of coffee.
"Here...you need this," Weiss said tilting her head with a warm grin.

you need this," Weiss said tilting her head with a warm grin

I blushed taking the hot mug of warm liquid. "T...thank you Weiss...I appreciate it..." I mumbled feeling my cheeks go pink. Weiss smiled kissing my forehead causing me to go even redder.
My tail wagged quickly taking a sip of the coffee. It was the greatest coffee I have ever drank. "Wow! Weiss this is amazing!" I complimented quickly chugging the coffee. Weiss blushed scratching the back of her neck "n...no problem..." Weiss squeaked awkwardly.
Weiss sat on my bed "I'll be there in a minute I have a few more things to sign," I said shooting her a smile. She nodded lying back and closing her eyes.

I finished my paperwork leaning back in my chair rubbing my eyes. I let out a long sigh of relief "finally done..." I whispered to myself.
I slowly got up from my chair turning my attention to Weiss. She was fast asleep clutching onto my pillow I smiled. "She's like a sleeping fox~" I thought as I lied beside her. I wrapped my arms around her pulling her close "goodnight princess~" I whispered kissing the top of her head. I was about to close my eyes when I felt her squirm and mumble something.
I listened more closely "n...no....father...p...please...no...it h...hurts..." She whispered with tears falling down her cheeks. I felt my heart break as I realized she was having a nightmare about her father. I thought about waking her but I decided to do something my mother used to do when I had nightmares. I placed my hand on her forehead and began to sing.

"Sleep my darling~ you are safe now~ no one will hurt you as long as I'm around~ sleep my darling safe and sound~"

I sang as I stroked her long snowy hair. Weiss calmed now and stopped fidgeting a small relaxed smile on her face. I kissed her forehead "goodnight princess...you're safe now...I won't let him hurt you..." I whispered lying back down. I feel asleep as Weiss buried her face into my neck.

Weiss's POV:

I woke up to Ruby's alarm beeping loudly. I heard Ruby groan and slam her fist on the snooze bottom pulling the covers back over her shoulders. I instinctively smiled at her adorableness.
I cuddled close to her hearing her begin to purr. "Morning princess~" Ruby whispered kissing the top of my head.
"Morning puppy~" I replied moving a strand of hair away from her eyes. "I guess we should get up..." I said glumly. I was about to get up but was brought back down by Ruby. I let out a small grunt as I landed back on the bed. Ruby grinned "five more minutes?" Ruby pleaded with puppy eyes. I sighed happily "ok...ok five more minutes..." I sighed cuddling back to her.

Ruby and I got ready together I helped Ruby with her tie since she had a meeting. "This meeting will take about all day so I'll be gone for awhile is that ok?" Ruby asked me with a hint of worry in her voice. "Yeah of course! Although I am gonna miss you," I said with a small hint of sadness.
Ruby gave me a sad smile she hugged me "I'll be back by tonight and we can have cuddle time!" Ruby cheered with a large grin. I smiled "sounds good to me~" I said placing my hand on her cheek standing on my tip toes kissing her lovingly. Ruby had a flustered expression "s...see you princess," she squeaked waving as she walked to the town hall.

Eight hours later

I sat on the couch watching TV I was board without Ruby and her dorky jokes. I sighed walking to the kitchen grabbing a cookie from the cookie jar. I bit into the sweet treat enjoying it's taste. I walked to Ruby's room I noticed a book on her desk with the words sketch book on it. I picked it up hesitating to open it "maybe I shouldn't...but...Ruby did tell me she loves to draw..." I opened the book flipping through the pages admiring her amazing drawings. I stopped flipping when I came across a drawing of me. I was amazed of the detail and how she was so amazing at drawing. I felt my cheeks flush as I continued to flip through the book. I found a picture of a woman with a younger Ruby and yang. She look exactly like Ruby and was wearing a white cape. "Ruby's mom...she looks so much like her..." I thought as I closed the book.
The door opened revealing Ruby with bags under her eyes and a pissed off expression. She noticed I was holding the photo of her and her mother. "Weiss...why do you have that...!" Ruby said with a small amount of anger in her voice as she snatched the photo away from me. "I...I'm sorry I just..." I tried to think of what to say.
Ruby sighed "sorry I raised my voice...just please this stuff is very important to me...if it was damaged I wouldn't be very happy..." Ruby said with a sad expression as she starred at the photo. "I'm sorry Ruby...I didn't mean to upset you..." I whispered feeling ashamed of my actions. Ruby gave a small smile "it's ok...it's not a big deal..." Ruby said placing the photo back in her sketch book. "Now I promised you some cuddles let me go have a shower," Ruby chirped returning to her usual happy tone.
I smiled lying on her bed waiting for her to finish her shower.
"Looking through Ruby's things without her permission was so childish of me...I thought Ruby would be more upset but she's well....Ruby so heh..." I thought rolling onto my side. Ruby came out from her shower drying off her hair. She was only in her towel "RUBY! C...COVER YOURSELF....!!!" I yelled looking away. Ruby chuckled "what's wrong princess~ nothing you haven't seen before~" Ruby's said with a wink flexing. My face turned red as a tomato "YOU IDIOT!!" I shouted burying  my face into her pillow.
Ruby laughed as she got dressed lying beside me. I snuggled close to her burying my face into her face "you dummy..." I muttered.
"I know you think I'm sexy~" Ruby flirted winking sticking out her tongue. I blushed deciding to flirt back. "Maybe I did~ you're not half bad~" I teased leaning closer. Ruby's face went from confident to a flustered mess "r...really...?" Ruby asked with a hopeful smile. I smiled "yep...you're a beautiful, smart, strong, dolt and I love you more than anything," I said not really thinking. Ruby smile grew I noticed tears of joy in her eyes "AW! PRINCESS I THINK YOU'RE AMAZING TOO I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!" Ruby said hugging me tightly.
I smile Ruby yawned "sleepy?" I asked with a amused grin. Ruby nodded tiredly "that meeting was brutal..." She muttered closing her eyes. "Sounds really rough but you're a great alpha..." I stopped talking once I realized she had fallen asleep. I grinned "goodnight puppy..." I whispered kissing her forehead. I feel asleep with her enjoying her warmth.