i

.•° ✿ °•.
𝙨𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙢𝙞𝙣
°•. ✿ .•°

────.•°•.〔✿〕 °•.•°────
i still remember
third of december
me in your sweater
you said it looked better
on me, than it did you
only if you knew
how much I liked you
────.•°•.〔✿〕 °•.•°────

seungmin's head fell against the window of his classroom, the frosted glass feeling cold against his hair. his history teacher droned on about some war at the front but her voice seemed far away.

snow rested upon the school benches in the courtyard outside. it covered the cracked and worn wood in a blanket of white. the cobblestone path looked slippery down below.

he sighed. he'd always found december rather bleak. it was dreary and unpleasant and the finals week that was looming closer didn't make it any better.

ring!

the sound of the school bell rolled through the halls along with students' sighs of relief. seungmin heard shuffling behind him. shoes clicked against the white tiles. books, pens, and pencils were thrown hastily into backpacks. seungmin got up too, swinging his bag over his shoulder.

"quiet down!" his teacher yelled. "the bell does not dismiss you, i do."

seungmin rolled his eyes at the smug look on her face. she really thinks she did something there, he thought. he internally groaned as she spoke again.

"your homework is by the door, grab a paper on your way out. now you all may leave." she smiled at the students before retreating behind her desk.

seungmin left the room almost immediately after, butting past students who clustered by the door. the sheet of homework was clutched tightly in his hand. he figured he'd throw it in his backpack later. the boy rounded the corner as he continued to the cafeteria with long strides.

the sound of his peers chattering away and the buzzing of the light overhead filled his ears. the hallway was bustling with students during the passing period. groups of kids would stand off to the sides catching up with friends. some were anxiously speed-walking to their next class. freshman, seungmin assumed.

he struggled to free himself from the crowd of teenagers, an unpleasant mix of deodorant and body odor causing his nostrils to flare. only after he was accidentally pushed was he able to stumble into the cafeteria.

dodging students with lunch trays and stray trash cans, seungmin made his way across the wide space to the set of double doors in the back. he pushed them open with his palms, a cold breeze blowing against his face.

solid plastic tables were lined up under a large awning. students sat talking with friends and eating their lunch gingerly. seungmin hugged his arms closer to his chest, wondering what he was thinking when he decided to wear only a thin cotton shirt. it was completely inadequate in this weather.

"seungmin!" a voice called out.

seungmin's head whipped toward the sound and he walked toward his regular table, plopping down on the uncomfortable bench.

"why do we keep sitting outside? it's fucking freezing," he whined as he leaned into hyunjin, trying desperately to steal any warmth he could get.

hyunjin chuckled beside him, his chest vibrating against seungmin's shoulder. the older reached out and wrapped his arms the younger.

"because chan won't let us say no to jeongin, that dumb bitch," jisung explained, stuffing an unseasoned fry into his mouth.

"did you just call jeongin a dumb bitch?" chan glared at jisung.

jisung jabbed a finger at the older's chest. "no you dipshit, i called you a dumb bitch!"

they probably would've fought if minho hadn't been there to pull jisung back. seungmin assumed he'd offered the younger ice cream or something. meanwhile, at the other side of the table, felix took the opportunity to steal a fry from an unsuspecting changbin amidst all the chaos. seungmin smiled at the small uprising he'd caused.

"where's your lunch?" hyunjin whispered.

seungmin looked up at him, forcing himself not to blush when he looked into the other's eyes. hyunjin was undeniably beautiful. his eyes focused on the older's features like targets. his plump lips, his rosy nose, the mole under his eye that he would try to hide (seungmin would always wipe away the concealer.)

"min, minnie, seungmin. are you ok?"

"what? yeah," seungmin cursed himself for staring. "i'm not hungry today." he hugged his arms closer to his chest, his teeth chattering uncontrollably.

hyunjin frowned. "take my sweater."

"no, it's fine." seungmin waved his hand passively. "you'll be cold."

hyunjin ignored him and removed the peach-colored sweater, the crocheted fabric nearly catching on his many bracelets. seungmin felt guilty seeing the boy in just a long-sleeved blouse. hyunjin pulled the sweater over seungmin's head and the younger tugged the rest. the oversized garment hung over his hands as he struggled to pull the sleeves back. it was warm and smelled like hyunjin.

seungmin looked back at the older gratefully. "thanks, jin. i'll give it back after school."

hyunjin shook his head, smiling. "keep it, it looks better on you anyway. now eat." he said as he handed the younger a cookie from his tray.

the bickering of his friends sounded distant, just background noise. all seungmin could hear was his heart beating rapidly. what was this feeling?

oh right.

he was in love...

with a boy he couldn't have.