iv

.•° ✿ °•.
𝙨𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙢𝙞𝙣
°•. ✿ .•°

────.•°•.〔✿〕 °•.•°────
why would you ever kiss me?
i'm not even half, as pretty
────.•°•.〔✿〕 °•.•°────

seungmin stared blankly at himself in his mirror. he played with the friendship ring hyunjin had given him on his ninth birthday. friendship. the word felt like thousands of tiny stabs at his heart when he thought about the older.

it was new year's eve today. the day of chan's party. the day hyunjin was going to confess to ryujin. he sighed, dropping his hands back by his sides. there was a curt knock on his bedroom door and he heard it click open.

"nice outfit," wonpil commented. "where are you going?"

"chan's party."

"you don't sound too happy about that," wonpil paused."is it hyunjin?"

seungmin looked at his brother in dismay. "how'd you know?"

"brother's intuition," wonpil shrugged. "nah i'm kidding. it's obvious dude, you look at him like he's your whole world."

seungmin laughed, taking a seat by wonpil on his bed. "do i really?"

wonpil nodded. "so what's wrong?"

"he likes someone else. he's gonna confess to her today." seungmin felt his nostrils burn as held back his tears. he dropped his head onto wonpil's shoulder and the older ran a gentle hand through seungmin's hair.

"minnie you don't have to hold back in front of me. i'm your big brother, and also a part time snot rag." wonpil said.

seungmin's flood gates broke. all the tears he'd been holding in for the past few years came rushing out. it hurt. it hurt him to think that the boy he loved was in love with another. it hurt him that all he could do was sit and watch as his life crumbled in front of him.

wonpil patted his head as seungmin's tears soaked his shirt. the shoulder of his light blue blouse was now a completely different shade.

"get it all out," wonpil sighed. "and don't worry about the shirt, it's dowoon's."

seungmin laughed through his tears. he pushed himself off of his brother's shoulder and pulled a tissue from the box on his nightstand to blow his nose with.

wonpil placed a reassuring hand on seungmin's back. he looked like he was about to give the younger his two cents and seungmin didn't know if he wanted to hear it.

"high school is stupid," wonpil said bluntly. "you're gonna meet people, you're gonna fall in love, but who cares if they don't feel the same! seungmin, you have your whole life ahead of you to decide who you wanna be with. it doesn't have to end with this small chunk of time."

seungmin nodded, trying to process everything the older had said. his words were practical. they made sense. but it were as if hyunjin was inked onto the younger's heart. he didn't know how he could move on. but then again, even tattoos can be temporary.

ding dong!

seungmin heard one of his parents rush to open the front door downstairs.