v

.•° ✿ °•.
𝙨𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙢𝙞𝙣
°•. ✿ .•°

────.•°•.〔✿〕 °•.•°────
you gave her your sweater
it's just polyester, but you like her better
wish i were heather
────.•°•.〔✿〕 °•.•°────

school had started a few days ago. seungmin went through each day with a rain cloud over his head. he looked tired. there were dark circles under his eyes. his hair looked like he had run his hands through it one too many times.

hyunjin stopped sitting with them at lunch after he asked ryujin out. he chose to sit with her and her friends instead.

seungmin sat on their normal bench beside felix, not in the mood to listen to his friends. he heard felix mutter something about hyunjin being a bitch.

even with how hurt he was, seungmin couldn't bring himself to be mad at the older. how could he be? hyunjin was in love just like seungmin was. how could he be angry at the older for something he couldn't control.

seungmin returned hyunjin's sweater when school started again. he didn't feel right wearing it.

he looked up from the cookie felix had given him when he heard hyunjin laugh a few tables away. ryujin was trying to get something back from him but he held his arm high, placing a chaste kiss on her lips.

seungmin's eyes wandered to hyunjin's hand where he wore the friendship ring that matched seungmin's. it wasn't there. hyunjin's hands were bare.

it was still cold outside. ryujin shivered dramatically. seungmin could tell she was faking it but hyunjin was oblivious. he gave her the same peach sweater he had given seungmin all those days ago.

the seed of jealousy in his chest was now in full bloom. the sweater may have just been polyester. it didn't mean anything but seungmin could tell he liked her better.

— 〔✿〕 —

coming home after school that day felt like pure bliss. he dropped down on his bed, felix and jisung lying beside him. they came uninvited but seungmin wasn't complaining about the extra company. he didn't want to be alone.

felix played with seungmin's hair and jisung held his hand.

"hyunjin wasn't wearing his ring," seungmin mumbled. he felt empty.

felix sat up. "what the fuck? he never takes that thing off."

seungmin nodded. he didn't feel like talking.

"i'm sure it was just an accident," jisung tried to reassure.

but seungmin could tell everyone was thinking the same thing.

hyunjin was moving on from them.

from him.