iii

.•° ✿ °•.
𝙨𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙢𝙞𝙣
°•. ✿ .•°

────.•°•.〔✿〕 °•.•°────

it was winter break now. midterms had gone by in a blur. seungmin probably did well but at the current moment he couldn't care less. there was only one thing on his mind: hyunjin.

all eight boys were lounging comfortably in seungmin's room. monster cans were scattered across the ground between them. a massive sugar crash was coming, seungmin just didn't know when.

"i'm throwing a new years party next week," chan stated. jeongin was curled up in his lap. he'd passed out a couple hours ago after eating too many of felix's cookies.

it wasn't a surprise that chan was going to have a party. he threw one every year. sometimes it amazed seungmin how popular the oldest was. he knew literally everyone. he wondered why chan even hung out with them. never mind. seungmin could answer that himself. jeongin. he was there for jeongin.

hyunjin sprang up from seungmin's bed.

"will ryujin be there?"

seungmin wanted so badly for chan to say no.

"probably."

shit.

hyunjin spoke again. "i think i'm going to ask her out then." he said with confidence, maybe it was from the 12 energy drinks piled beside him. seungmin didn't know how any of them were going to sleep, but he had other matters on his mind.

like how he wanted to cry.

everyone but hyunjin looked at seungmin with sympathy. they all knew about his "tiny" crush on the older.

seungmin put on his most convincing smile.

"i bet she'll say yes."

— 〔✿〕 —

seungmin slept on the floor that night. he let hyunjin take his bed not wanting to deal with the older.

seungmin was currently sandwiched between jisung and felix who both had their arms draped across him. he was uncomfortable to say the least. seungmin sat up groggily, throwing his friends' arms off of his waist.

"seungmin? minnie?" hyunjin whispered from the bed.

seungmin didn't respond. he didn't want to.

"seungmin, i know you're awake."

"i'm about to go back to sleep," seungmin grumbled.

"come here," hyunjin said.

seungmin didn't know why but he obeyed. hyunjin had that effect on him. seungmin didn't like it.

the younger climbed apprehensively onto the bed beside hyunjin and slid under the blanket. hyunjin snaked an arm around seungmin's waist, pulling him closer. seungmin felt the heat rush to his face. he was glad that hyunjin couldn't see him.

"goodnight, minnie."

seungmin fell asleep like that. in hyunjin's arms.

— 〔✿〕 —