vii

.•° ✿ °•.
𝙨𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙢𝙞𝙣
°•. ✿ .•°

────.•°•.〔✿〕 °•.•°────
but how could i hate her?
she's such an angel
but then again, kinda
wish she were dead
────.•°•.〔✿〕 °•.•°────

seungmin watched emptily as hyunjin whispered sweet nothings into ryujin's ear a few tables away. she looked angelic in the winter sun. her face glowed, her eyes sparkled, her smile was dazzling but it didn't quite reach her eyes. she looked upset. he couldn't bring himself to hate her anymore. not when she made hyunjin so happy.

"did you think about what i said?" chan asked, setting his lunch tray down next to seungmin.

seungmin nodded. his gaze fell to his lap where his hand lay clasped tightly together. "i'm not going to tell him."

chan just sighed. "whatever you say, mate." seungmin knew chan wanted to say something else but he wasn't letting it out.

chan turned back to his lunch and seungmin turned back to hyunjin. he was on his phone.
seungmin let out a small yelp when his own mobile buzzed in his hand.

𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆 12:50 𝗽𝗺

𝗷𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗲
𝗆𝗂𝗇!
𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖾𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗇 𝗒𝖾𝗍?

𝗂 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾!
𝗇𝗈 𝗇𝖾𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗆𝖾 𝗃𝗂𝗇𝗇𝗂𝖾

𝗷𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗲
:')

it was a small gesture on hyunjin's part but it made seungmin's entire face light up. he felt guilty though. for lying. his chest tightened when hyunjin set his phone to kiss ryujin on the cheek. he needed to stop getting his hopes up.

chan apparently realized this as well because he put a comforting arm around seungmin's shoulder. seungmin shrugged it off. he didn't want chan's pity. he was 18, an adult now. he could deal with things on his own.

maybe.

seungmin sighed and rested his arms on the table, his chin falling between them. the sky was clear that day. the last of the december fog had rolled out to pave the way for january. it was the second week of the month now. but it felt like no time has passed by since chan's party. it was agonizing living this slow. seungmin just wanted to get high school over with.

he glanced around at his friends. jisung and felix were bickering mindlessly over insignificant things. minho was ignoring the entire thing, pressing hard on his earbuds. seungmin could hear the music from where he was. changbin was writing furiously in a small black notebook. song lyrics maybe? chan sat by his side, looking back at seungmin every now and then with worry in his eyes. seungmin ignored him. jeongin wasn't there today. he was in the library studying for a pre-cal test he'd only remembered he had about an hour ago.

seungmin felt guilty. save for jeongin and his pre-cal test, everyone was there with him but all he could think about was hyunjin. a boy who would never look at seungmin the way seungmin looked at him.

.•° ✿ °•.
𝙝𝙮𝙪𝙣𝙟𝙞𝙣
°•. ✿ .•°

────.•°•.〔✿〕 °•.•°────

he's beautiful.