ix

.•° ✿ °•.
𝙝𝙮𝙪𝙣𝙟𝙞𝙣
°•. ✿ .•°

────.•°•.〔✿〕 °•.•°────

a few days after the break up, hyunjin paced anxiously on the doorstep of seungmin's house. every time he brought his hand to knock it would fall back against his side. was this a good idea? what if he doesn't like me back? am i being stupid?

before he could continue to ramble on in his thoughts, the front door swung open revealing a disheveled wonpil. he looked like he'd just woken up. hyunjin checked his watch. at four pm.

wonpil yawned and tilted his head lazily. "what do you want?"

"um is seungmin here?" hyunjin gulped. he glanced past wonpil's shoulder intently.

the door was now fully open and wonpil motioned toward the stairs without saying a word. hyunjin looked at the older weirdly but he moved past him and made his way up the wooden staircase. the floorboards creaked under his feet. he brought his knuckles up, wrapping on seungmin's bedroom door apprehensively.

"come in!"

and so hyunjin did.

"hyunjin? what are you doing here?"

seungmin sat by his desk, a pencil in his hand and his calculus homework sitting in front of him. hyunjin almost melted when he looked into seungmin's eyes. he didn't know why he hadn't realized it sooner. why he hadn't realized that he was truly, madly, deeply in love with his best friend.

"min, i-i need to tell you something." he managed.

seungmin smiled. "i do too, but you go first."

hyunjin shook his head. "no you go." he wanted to hear what the younger had to say.

"no you."

"you go, i insist." hyunjin replied.

seungmin groaned, rolling his eyes in annoyance. hyunjin really missed him.

"how about we say what we want to say on three?" seungmin suggested.

"i like you!" hyunjin blurted out before the countdown could even start. he slapped a hand over his mouth. "shit."

seungmin face split into a wide grin. he looked like he'd been expecting this. it clicked in hyunjin's head that ryujin must've told him everything. well, now he just had to wait for seungmin's response.

"jinnie, i like you too."

.•° ✿ °•.
𝙨𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙢𝙞𝙣
°•. ✿ .•°

────.•°•.〔✿〕 °•.•°────

"jinnie, i like you too."

seungmin felt a sob racking up from his chest but he hid it behind a laugh. he wasn't upset, quite the opposite actually. he was utterly ecstatic and it was getting hard to hold back the tears of joy that so desperately wanted to fall.

hyunjin wasted no time in pulling the younger into a tight embrace. it definitely wasn't the first time they'd hugged, but something felt different this time. it felt...better.

"you have no idea how happy that makes me," hyunjin let out. his head nestled perfectly within the crook of seungmin's neck.

seungmin laughed. "i think i do."

the duo pulled apart. seungmin's gaze fell to hyunjin's lips. they were parted slightly, a ghost of a smile still present on his face.

"jinnie, can i kiss you?"

"you don't have to ask, min," hyunjin said, crashing his lips onto the younger's.

the kiss wasn't anything special. fireworks didn't explode. seungmin didn't feel butterflies in his stomach. but that didn't matter. because it just felt right. he had his whole world held within his arms. seungmin couldn't stop the tears from falling anymore.

the duo pulled apart after a few seconds, both breathing heavily. hyunjin pulled him closer with a cheesy smile.

seungmin might not have liked december, but he could tell january was going to be better.

FIN