Chapter 10

Attack on Pearl Harbor

Marcuss' POW:

It's been one week since we arrived. We only launched small assaults around the Pacific Ocean, but now we planing a huge and powerful assault on the Azur Lane main base at Hawaii. I planing this attack to launch at next day. I already decided the plan. We will form four battle group and attack them with power of surprise.

"Commander, here." I heard Hood's voice. "Please drink it."

I saw Hood put a cup of tea onto my desk.

"You know, hydration is important." She said.

"Thank you Hood." I said.

Of course I drank it. Hood always take care of me. Bismarck and Enterprise were here too, but they now helping me with paperwork. 

"It's delicious." I said.

"I'm happy." Hood said.

After a drank the tea I go back to work. It was hard, harder then at Ironblood. More ship more work, I think.

Next day:

Marcuss' POW:

It was the day when we finally launch our attack. I inform everyone about our battle groups.
First group: Akagi, Kaga, Kongou, Ayanami, Atago and Prinz Eugen.
Second group: Souryuu, Hiryuu, Hiei, Yuudachi, Ashigara and Admiral Graf Spee.
Third group: Zuikaku, Shokaku, Haruna, Maya, Mogami and Z-23.
Fourth group: Bismarck, Hindenburg, Yamashiro, Mainz, Köln and Shigure.
Of course we bring with us submarines.
Submarine group: U-556, I-13 and I-25.

We were ready to leave, but of course I worried about Hood and Enterprise. Even if Nagato promised me they didn't get hurt, but I didn't really trust in them. But we need to go.

"Don't worry, commander." Hood said. "We can defend ourself."

"Of course we can." Enterprise said. "Thanks to Pinguin we were repaired."

"Alright, but be careful." I said.

"Of course." They said.

Finally we left and we were on our way to Hawaii. The journey was easy, thanks to our submarines we were able to avoid Azur Lane patrols. We were almost at the range. If everything going well, Akagi and Kaga will send the first wave of bombers and torpedo bombers. After they did it they give us CAP (Close Air Patrol) and make sure the Eagle Union and Royal Navy counterattack don't hit us. Souryuu and Hiryuu launch the second wave of bombers, but their target is the infrastructure. After they finished they take Akagi and Kaga place as giving CAP. Zuikaku and Shokaku launch the third wave of bombers and torpedo bombers. Make sure the enemy have heavy damage. After their attack we arrive and with Akagi and Kaga launch an fourth wave of bombers and torpedo bombers. While Bismarck and Yamashiro get closer and make a bombardment on the base.

Of course the plan didn't went well.

"Commander! My radar say we have company." Kongou said. "Enemy aircrafts."

"Oh come on." I said. "Alright, there is no time. Plan changed. Akagi, Kaga launch the CAP."

"We can't sir, our bombers on the board." Kaga report. "It's take time."

"Sir my sonar detected a submarine." Z-23 said. "She was far away, I just now able to detect it."

"I see. That mean they were following us." I said. "Alright, there is no place to go. We have to prepare anti-air defense."

"Yes sir." They said.

It's begin, enemy aircraft arrived. We were almost defenseless. We hoped we had the power of surprise so we didn't brought big fleet. I hoped we will be protected from enemy attack thanks to Akagi's and Kaga's CAP, but we didn't even have a single plane in the air.

"Commander, fighters are ready." Akagi said.

"Launch them." I said. "We have no time."

"As you wish." Akagi said.

If I can honest, I don't like Akagi. She is super strange. Kaga is okay, maybe a little to quiet. Amagi is something different. She is kind and friendly. 

Akagi and Kaga launched their Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero airplanes. They made our defense easier.

"Souryuu, Hiryuu launch the attack." I said. "Here is the chance." 

"Alright." They said.

Their Aichi D3A Type 99 dive bombers are flying across the sky. Enemy ships started firing anti-air guns to shoot down them, but they were able to reach their targets. We saw huge smoke come from enemy base. The first wave completed, but it was just a little victory.

"Commander, enemy ships coming." Akagi said.

"That is great." I said. "Alright, carriers stay behind, battleships give support fire to the cruisers and destroyers."

"Yes sir." They said.

We can see enemy ships. They reached our position, but we have one more surprise, our submarine fleet.

"U-556, bring every submarine into a good firing position and attack the enemy." I ordered to U-556.

"Alright." She said and go deep into the ocean.

Enemy was in front of me. Eagle Union and Royal Navy ships.

"Surrender now!" One of them said. "In the name of the Queen I order you to lay down you weapons."

"Oh, great." Eugen said. "It's Warspite."

"You will pay for sink my sisters." Another one said.

"Just try it, Hornet." Akagi said. "I will sunk you before you will be able to reach us."

"Enough talking. Attack!" I said. "We have more important job then talking with enemy."

The battle began. We had more firepower then them. We were able to defeat them without problem.

"Capture the enemy." I ordered.

All Sakura Empire girl looked at me while Bismarck and Hindenburg catch Warspite and Hornet.

"We have to fall back." I said. "Before more enemy reach us."

We retreat, but we will return soon. I'm sure about that and then we will win.

"You just lucky Azur Lane, but I will bring victory to Ironblood." I said.

We return to Sakura Empire with safe. Enterprise, Hood and Nagato were waiting for us at the harbor.

"How was the attack?" Hood asked us.

"We lost, an enemy submarine saw us." I said. "But Enterprise has a visitor."

"Visitor?" Enterprise said. "Hornet?"

"And that is Warspite." Hood said. "Another prisoners."

"Yeah, you know." I said.