Chapter 11: Hero License Exam, part 2

(Y/n's) POV

After getting some food, an alarm went off indicating that the second round started. You split up from your class again and started rescuing people. The first person you came across was stuck under large debris. You quickly but carefully moved all the debris off of them. The you carried them to the first aid station, reassuring their safety along the way. While you were taking care of the injured actor in front of you there was a loud crash not far from you. You then hear over the intercom

"The terrorist have appeared and are beginning to sweep the area. Hero candidates at the scene should continue their rescue while also suppressing the newly arrived villains."

You look back towards the actor and say "Your injury seems better now, and the bleeding should stop in a few seconds. I'm gonna go stop those villains from hurting everyone." You say with a big smile on your face. You begin running in the direction of Gang Orca. A kid named Shindo from another school was fighting. But could only take out Gang Orcas henchmen before enduring a direct hit from his quirk.

Shindo seemed to be knocked out before Todoroki landed a direct hit with his ice. Todoroki and another student with a whirlwind quirk seemed to have things under control. So you stated to help get the injured to safety.

Once you started running you look back at the fight and it looked like Todoroki and the other student were, fighting? Both you and Midoriya stop in your tracks. Shocked by what you were seeing. "Ojiro! Take this civilian, Todoroki needs help fighting Gang Orca." You say while gently giving Ojiro the actor in your arms. Apparently Midoriya had the same idea because he was running right next to you. "Midoriya can you get Shindo out of there before he's hurt? I'll block off the villains from Todoroki and Yoarashi!" Midoriya nodded and saved Shindo right before he was hit by Todoroki's fire.

"What...are you doing?!" Midoriya yells.

You show up out of nowhere and land a direct kick to the side of Gang Orcas head. "If you two are just gonna fight then fight somewhere else!" You yell, then creating a wall all around Gang Orcas team. Cutting them off from the rest of the training ground. The others couldn't see you but you yell again saying. "Come back to fight when you solve your differences!"

You begin fighting Gang Orca on your own. You put on a brave face but really you were thinking. 'What am I doing? I can't fight a pro hero and his henchmen all alone. Remember, your main focus is on the hurt civilians. All I have to do is keep them in here.' You begin dodging the attacks and fixing any damage that is done to the wall. Then a section was broken from the outside. Todoroki and Yoarashi finally pushed aside their differences and started helping. They used Todoroki's flames and Yoarashi's wind to make a fire ring around Gang Orca. Making a more efficient trap. Then Midoriya, Tokoyami, Tsu, and Mina came back to deal with the henchmen. You were dealing with some henchmen until you hear Gang Orca say.

"A normal villain would give up, cry, and beg for forgiveness. But what if they didn't? After playing a hand, you need to already be planning the next one."

Suddenly the flames around Gang Orca were put out.

"Well? What's next?"

Midoriya then shot into action by trying to land a kick onto him. But ultimately failed when Gang Orca blocked it with his arm. You came at him from the other side trying to land another kick before he grabbed your foot saying.

"Doing the same attack twice will never work."

Suddenly the sirens blared, you and Midoriya fall onto the ground before hearing.

"Um, at this moment all of the HUC members who have been deployed have been rescued from the disaster zone. It may seem anticlimactic, but with this, the provisional licensing exam has officially been completed. After we tally the scores we'll announce the results here in the arena. Anyone injured should go to the infirmary. The rest of you are free to change cloths and wait wherever you like." 

You begging coughing and Todoroki notices you, but doesn't realize your coughing up blood. Some time latter once you were changed out of your hero suit. You and everyone who wasn't injured were standing in front of a large screen awaiting the results.

"Okay. Everyone. Thanks for your hard work in today's exam. Now before I announce the results. I should probably explain the way we evaluated you. Between HUC, and those of us at the Heroes Public Safety Commission, we had a two-fold demerit system that we used to determine your total score. In other words, we were evaluating you based on how few mistakes you made in a crisis situation. Anyways the names of those who passed are listed here in alphabetical order. Keep my words in mind as you search the screen for your name."

The names of the people who passed then showed up on the screen. You frantically looked for yours and then once you found it you were filled with relief. You continue looking for the rest of your class and everyone passed. Except for Bakugou and Todoroki.

"Um, next we will pass out your results. They will have the breakdown of your scores, so please look over them carefully."

"(L/n)."

"Oh thank you." You say while the man gives you your papers. 'I totally got a men in back vibe from him.' You think before looking over your paper. 'Hm, so I got a 90. I guess they marked the repeated kick attack on Gang Orca before it ended. Well it's not that bad. I should probably go talk to Todoroki.'

"Hey." You say while walking up to him.

"Oh hi. I guess you must be disappointed in me for having to fix my fight?"

"No I'm not disappointed. Think of the bright side. You can learn from today's mistakes. Sure right now not passing doesn't feel good. But in the future you'll be thankful for learning and fixing these mistakes."

"Since when did you become poetic?"

"Was that speech really that cheesy?" You say while scratching the back of your neck. "Well I want to try what you suggested a few nights ago. I'm trying to be friends with others, starting with my class." You were interrupted by the speaker again.

"There is no time for you to feel dejected that you didn't have enough points. There is still a chance left for you all. After you attend a 3-month long special course and pass an individual test. We plan to issue a provisional license to those of you who failed as well. In order for us to reach the idyllic future that I spoke of, we're going to need as many good heroes on the streets as we can get. The first round was one to weed people out. But we would like to grow the 100 selected in that test as much as possible. That's why we watched you all until the end. So we could see for ourselves that you each have promise. That once your shortcomings are corrected, you have the potential to be as great as your fellow classmates. This special course will keep you busy, as it will run concurrently with your normal studies. You're welcome to retake the exam in April  if you prefer to wait."

With that being said, the provisional licensing exam was complete. While looking at his license Midoriya started crying.

"Deku, are you crying?"

"Yeah we'll you know this is a lot."

"Well you're not the only one" Uraraka said while pointing in your direction.

Your eyes were watering but once she pointed you out turn away and said.

"Who said I'm crying...besides it's what Midoriya said, this is a lot." You immediately stop crying and walk over towards your teacher. "Hey Mr. Aizawa what did you do to my targets at the start of the exam?"

"I just made it so that you wouldn't know you've passed until you were the last to get in. That was your punishment."

You all got back to the dorms and this time instead of going to your dorm room, you relaxed in the common room. After talking an laughing with the others you went to bed.

[Creator: SO MANY QUOTES!!! If you like this then please comment.]