Chapter 13

What to have for dinner? Trinity couldn't decide. It was definitely a takeout and movie kind of night. She hadn't been in her new place long, but already loved curling up to watch a good movie. Preferably romance. Smiling satisfied with her plan, she searched restaurants nearby on her phone.

How would it feel to have a romance of her own? Was it like the movies or books she enjoyed reading? Maybe. The thought surprised her. Never had she really thought about romance or love outside of trying to survive David.

When his face popped into her mind, it instantly killed her mood. She tossed her phone down with a sigh. It was already seven o'clock and getting late. She should be busy ordering, but couldn't. Instead, she allowed her thoughts to go to the dark place she created just for David. So far, she had done a pretty good job of blocking herself from thinking of him. But she wasn't always successful. 

Either way, it was kind of weird how he came into her mind just now. More so, it was weird how she couldn't shake his image. Nor could she shake the flashbacks. Perhaps she wasn't so good at blocking her memories afterall. Shivering, she pulled a blanket over her lap and rubbed her arms. It was seventy degrees inside her place. Comfortable. Still, she felt cold. She felt strange.

It would be awesome if she could call Becky. Anytime she ever felt like she needed a friend, Becky was there for her. But why she even kept thinking about Becky was beyond her. She already settled with her decision to cut ties. Her only other friend now was Eugenia. She knew more than Becky any way. Should she call her? She would have to if she wanted to talk. Grabbing her phone, she dialed.

"Hey girl," Eugenia answered on the second ring.

"Oh, hi, Eugenia. A-are you busy?"

"Nope. Just making a late dinner. I got so caught up in my reality show, I lost track of the dang time. I sah-wear to the lord. What's up?"

"Um, I was just trying to think of what to have for dinner. Any suggestions?" Trinity cringed.

Eugenia laughed, "Hmm. Let's see. Have you tried Rochester Beets yet? They have super yummy sandwiches and they deliver. My favorite is their grilled cheese with tomato soup combo. To die for. Dang it. I should've had that," she whispered under her breath regretful. 

"I think I will. Thanks for the suggestion. I was really stumped."

"Mhm. Sooo, why did you really call?"

Eugenia was smart. No wonder she earned a promotion. Better not beat around the bush and come clean.

"I'm s-s-sorry. I was doing okay and then David popped into my head for some weird reason, and I don't know. I feel...off."

The line was quiet for an extended amount of time. So much so, Trinity thought Eugenia hung up.

"H-hello? Eugenia, are you still there?" She looked at her phone display still counting the seconds.

"Y-yeah. Sorry 'bout that. I was stirring my noodles. Um...you know he's always gonna be part of your memories, Trinity. You just gotta distract yourself the best you can. You're safe now. He can't hurt you anymore," she cleared her throat.

"Yeah," Trinity whispered.

"Order your food, put on a good movie, then take a warm bath before bed. You'll feel so much better. And, if you don't, call me up again and we'll talk."

"Thank you, Eugenia. You've been so good to me. I'm not sure I can ever repay you."

"Girl, what are friends for? No need for repayment. I'll talk to ya later, okay?"