Chapter 20

Having Bella over was so much fun. They played with makeup and listened to music while discussing high school crushes and cliques. While they were four years apart, Bella's stories made Trinity feel so carefree. How good it felt to just let go and relive being a teenager for one afternoon. It was so enjoyable, Trinity couldn't stop thinking about it all week.

Bella was so easy to like, and becoming a fast friend. So was Gio and Dante. Trinity wondered about how it would feel to be a part of a family like theirs. One could dream. In fact, she had fantasized about it many times. She knew it was wrong to think of Dante and his family in that way. It was just too hard not to. They were so full of love. Fantasizing about the Venturi family would be her guilty pleasure. No one had to know.

Trinity put on some music while she started getting ready for work. Rummaging through her closet, she pulled out a black pencil skirt with matching heels and a burgundy silk blouse. Her platinum hair fluffed around her shoulders in large waves. It was a good hair day.

Smiling, she went downstairs to grab her coffee, keys and purse. A week passed since her date with Dante, and she hadn't seen him since that Sunday afternoon. Ms. Jewell told her he was out of town. During that short time, she focused on her job.

Ms. Jewell started leaving her on her own to perform various tasks during the week. It definitely boosted her confidence. It was kind of exciting. Things felt like they were looking up. She had a new job, new friends and a nice place to live.

Little by little, she thought of David less and less. Realizing this was her new life helped tremendously. With that realization came a personality she didn't know she had. While she was still rather reserved, she started to notice decision making was coming easier and easier.

She also started thinking the idea of dating Dante wasn't such a bad one. He was beautiful, confident, kind and generous. Sure, the last time she spoke to him was when he dropped her off at her house on Sunday. Sure, he hadn't called...or texted. Still, a girl could dream. She had her therapist to thank for it too. Her therapist insisted it was okay to start fresh and it was okay to explore relationships. It was okay to take risks. It was okay to live.

Those thoughts always made her smile. Too bad her parents weren't receptive to her. It would be nice to earn their pride. Maybe she would call them or even visit. What if they had changed? She could always start with a phone call. If she didn't like how it went, she didn't have to waste money on a plane ticket.

The only other thing nagging her mind was Becky. She knew she should really forget about her once and for all. How many times did she keep telling herself the relationship was over with? How many times did she settle it in her mind? No matter how many, her thoughts still plagued. Why didn't she want to be friends with her anymore? Especially since David was no longer around. It was really strange. Maybe Becky was only ever friends with her because she felt sorry for her. It was a good possibility.

Checking her Instagram showed Becky was doing just fine without her. She posted a few pictures of herself and another woman Trinity didn't recognize. A few of them were at bars and the shopping mall. The images made her frown.

"Boo!"

Trinity jumped out of her skin startled. "Eugenia!"

Eugenia giggled. "Stuck in your head, huh? Whatcha thinkin' 'bout? Ooh, I bet I know. A dreamy pair of dark brown eyes?"

"Shh," Trinity looked around. "Are you going up with me?"

"Yeah. I have a stack of papers for Dante to sign."

The women stepped into the elevator.

"He's not even here. He's been out of town."

"I know. I thought it would be great to have this stack ready and waiting for him when he got back."