Chapter 15

The mirror in the bedroom really was the best. The light hit it just right. Trinity twisted and turned admiring the gown Eugenia helped her pick out at the Versace store. Eugenia had asked Trinity if she lived under a rock after she mispronounced it. Oh well. The black cross-back bustier, floor-length gown was made of silk and fit her like a glove. It was a miracle alterations weren't needed.

Her black Louboutin stilettos were a sandal style, with thin straps around her ankles and across her toes giving her an extra five inches of height.

Eugenia explained an updo hairstyle would look best for the entire look and promptly set to working on sculpting an elaborate bun complete with wisps and curled tendrils cascading down. The style reminded Trinity of a Greek goddess.

If that weren't enough, Eugenia went further and did her makeup too. She lectured about how a smokey eye and red lippy was very appropriate for an evening look. When she finished, Trinity's jaw dropped. Was that her? Woah. She always thought she was pretty good with makeup. Not anymore. Eugenia was the master. She took a selfie. There was no way she'd ever look this good again without Eugenia's help. Might as well save it.

After twirling a few times, Eugenia dubbed her belle of the ball without having seen any of the other ladies. She said she didn't have to see any of them to know Trinity would stand out as the most beautiful. Something about her high cheekbones and naturally full lips. Trinity puckered in the mirror. Her lips were full? Was that good? According to Eugenia it was. She also had gone on and on about Trinity's eyebrows being virgins and perfect for shaping, whatever that meant. She wiggled her eyebrows in the mirror trying to emulate Maleficent to no avail.

No matter all the funny comments Eugenia made, making her laugh endlessly, she was definitely ready for tonight. Ready and nervous. Hopefully, she would represent well and make a good impression. The last thing she wanted to do was embarrass Dante at a function he had been invited to, or anywhere for that matter.

"Oh no. Where's my clutch?" Trinity tossed around tissue paper and boxes finally finding her black sequined bag. Thank the lord. Now to see if her phone would fit inside of it. Yup. She also needed to get her driver's license, lipstick, credit card and some cash into this thing. Please fit. The bag resisted until it was forced to snap shut. Relief. Everything fit...barely.

Alrighty! She was ready to go. Now all she needed was her ride, or was it date? Was it a date? No. Dante told her this night would give her experience. She was probably getting paid to go. That's good. She needed the money. The twenty dollars she shoved into her purse wouldn't go very far if she needed to use it.

The doorbell rang at seven sharp. One thing about Dante Venturi, he was always on time. Punctuality, was important to him it seemed. Thank goodness she was ready. Trinity peaked to ensure it was him and shook her hands out. Why was she so damn nervous? This was work. There was nothing to be nervous about. Just because he looked drop dead gorgeous didn't  mean anything. It didn't affect her. At all. She swung the door open.

"Good eve...," Dante blinked once then twice before clearing his throat, "evening, Trinity. You look...stunning."

A rush of heat colored her cheeks. "Thank you. You look very handsome." Very handsome? The man wasn't very handsome. He was beautiful and sexy all at the same time. 

"Thank you. Shall we?" He held out his arm.

Trinity closed the door and locked it before looping her arm with his. A thrill went through her when her bare arm touched the soft fabric of his tuxedoed arm. She could feel strength in him as he ensured she didn't fall down the steps with her long gown. That fact alone had her feeling warm. Too warm. Distracting herself, she brought her attention to a black limo. She had never been in a limo before. The heat in her belly changed to a flutter of excitement.