The next mission.

Your Pov.

I was staring at the mission board when I felt someone hugging me from behind. I turned around and saw Erza.

"You are leaving again?" She asked and pouted. I looked at her smiling.

"I have a rent to pay. And a stomach to fill." I said and smiled.

"(Y/N). Follow me please." Suddenly Master appeared. I glanced at Erza, kissed her on the cheek and went with him.

We walked into a back room and I closed the door behind him. Master sat in a chair and motioned me to sit opposite to him.

"I want to talk to you about two things." He started. "How do you feel about Laxus being the next master of Fairy Tail." He asked and looked at me with a rather serious look. "You can speak freely."

"Laxus is a nice guy. But for some reason, I believe he lost his way. He cares about the guild's pride and he thinks that in order to restore it, we have to make everyone fear us. You don't seriously think of naming him your successor, do you?" I asked surprised. "He thinks everyone who is weaker than him as trash!" I said irritated remembering yesterday's events.

"Fear not. I do not plan on making him the fourth Master of the guild." He said and looked at me. "Because even though he is my grandson and I love him deeply, I think he is indeed misguided. I don't know where I went wrong with him." Master said and I could see the sad look on his face.

"I grew up with him. I can say that he you did nothing wrong." I said and tapped him on the shoulder.

"As you know, I'm growing older." He then added. "And someday someone will have to replace me. I think you would be a good master." I looked at him surprised.

"I...I can't master, I'm sorry." I said and looked down. This time, he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"You care a lot about everyone. And you are willing to protect them at all costs. You are kind and strong. You inspire the others and everyone looks up to you." Master said. I looked at him. "That's why if something is to happen to me, you will become the next guild master." He said and smiled. "I'm counting on you." I smiled as well. He then motioned me to follow him. We went to an underground secret room.

"What I'm about to show you is for your eyes only. You cannot tell anyone. Not even Erza." He said as he opened the door. I was left speechless after what I saw. I looked at it surprised. Makarov knew what I was about to ask so he spoke again.

"This is Fairy Tail's secret. Lumen Histoire." He said and paused. I looked at it surprised. "Mavis once wrote, that this is Fairy Tail's true nature."

"I... I'm sorry. I can't find the right words..." I said still surprised.

"When Precht showed it to me, I too was like that. This is Fairy Tail's ultimate weapon. Make sure you keep it a secret fourth master." He said and closed the doors. Then, we walked back

"You said you wanted to talk to me about something else." I said.

"The council has requested a powerful wizard from each guild to take part in a mission." He said and clenched his fists. "It's just an investigation mission but still..." I just looked at him. "Huge amounts of Etherano have appeared in Mount Altana. The council fears that it might be the Dark Dragon." He concluded. I looked at him with wide eyes. "I don't want to send any one of my kids. I don't want to endanger your lives. That is why I decided to go myself." A heavy silence filled the room. I stopped dead on my tracks.

"I will go. I'm a Dragon Slayer after all." I said after a while determined. "How bad will it look if our master dies up there." I said and smiled. Makarov looked at me surprised.

"I won't let you do something like that." He said and looked at me. "You, are now the Fourth Master of Fairy Tail for that reason."

"Master, I am the Crystal Dragon Slayer. My Magic is capable of slaying dragons. If a dragon is involved, I have to go!" I said determined. "Don't you understand! It might not even be Acnologia! What if it's Ayrum! Or Igneel! Or any other dragon who survived! I have to go!" I said determined and slammed my fist on the nearby wall. Makarov looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"You little brat." He said as he wiped tears from his eyes. "Make sure you come back both alive and in one piece!" I smiled and hugged him

"When I return, we can go for some bagels" I said smiling. "When am I leaving?''

"The meeting point is in Lamia Scales Tomorrow." He said as we continued walking up the stairs. "So, this means today if you are going to catch the train." He added. Soon we arrived back in the room we were in. He hugged me and I returned the hug. Then, I exited the room. I scanned the guild hall for Erza but I didn't find her. Mirajane approached me and told me that she had gone to her house in Fairy Hills. I thanked her and went after her. A couple of minutes later, I arrived at Fairy Hills. I knocked the door to her apartment. She opened the door and smiled as she welcomed me in. I sat on her couch and ask her to come and sit next to me for I had something important to say to her. She did as told and I told her everything about my conversation with master except from Lumen Histoire. She looked at me horrified but then, hugged me. 

"Don't worry, I'll be fine! I'm a dragon slayer after all!" I said and smiled. She buried her head in my chest and I hugged her and kissed her forehead.

"I have to leave in a few hours. If I'm going to be there on time that is." I said and smiled. Then I laid down on the couch, with Erza in my hands. We stayed like this until we drifted off. I woke up a couple of hours later. I opened my eyes and saw that I was on Erza's bed and alone. I got up and headed to the kitchen. There, I saw Erza cooking, which was weird since Erza never cooked. I slowly approached her and hugged her from behind.

"Don't speak to me" She said and pouted. "You are leaving again. Make sure you come back soon." She said as she placed the last sandwich in my travel bag. "I took the liberty of packing some clothes for you. So here you go!" She said and threw the bag on my face. Then sat on the couch. I placed he bag down and sat behind her and poked her cheek. I checked the time at the clock in her wall.

"I have to go" I said and gently smiled. She turned around and looked at me. I placed my lips on hers for a quick kiss and then pulled away as I got up. She got up and hugged me.

"I'll walk with you until the train station." She said and took her hand into mine. We started walking together until we arrived. I kissed her one last time before I boarded the train. She looked at me and smiled.

The train started moving and I did my best not to throw up as I was waving at her. I watched as her form was getting smaller and smaller until it disappeared from my view. I got off in the next station and flew towards Margaret Town. I arrived after ten hours. I walked in and saw about twenty people out of which I didn't recognize anyone. A young wizard from Lamia Scales approached me and welcomed me, saying how I was the last to arrive and how he expected Master instead. However, he was very pleased to the Dragon Emperor and said that I was perfect for the mission. From there, we boarded the train and headed towards Mount Altana.