A day with Asuka.

We woke up early the next day. Erza had gone to the guild to pick up Asuka while I stayed at home to make breakfast. I heard the door to my apartment opening and Asuka along with Bisca, Azlack and Erza walked inside. The minute Asuka saw me, she run and hugged me. I lifted her with my arm and hugged her as well.

"Thank you for agreeing on this." Azlack said. "Don't be afraid to tell us if she causes trouble." He added.

"Don't worry. She is not. Asuka is a good girl. Aren't you?" I said and turned to Asuka. She nodded happily.

"Here." Bisca said and offered Erza one of Cana's cards. "If you need anything calls us." She added and Erza took it. I placed Asuka down and she went to hug her parents before they left.

"Also, it's highly advisable that you carry that bag. It has anything she might need." Azlack said as he waved goodbye. I waved back and we watched them leave.

"Did you have breakfast?" I asked smiling and the girl sat happily on the table. I had made pancakes. Erza sat next to her and I sat opposite to them, next to Martin. I looked at them as Asuka said something and Erza laughed. Then Asuka got dirty and Erza instantly cleaned her. That made me imagine what having a family would look like. I smiled as I saw Erza and imagined her next to our kids. A red hair daughter that would look like her mother but less violent. Definitely not a son with her temper....

"(Y/N)!" I suddenly heard an irritated Erza.

"Yes, yes I'm here." I said as I looked at her.

"Are you spacing out? Asuka asked you to take her to the playground near the guild." She repeated as she started gathering the plates. She then started washing them.

"Sure yeah." I said and smiled at Asuka. She smiled as well. 

Asuka and I headed to the playground first. Erza would join us later as she had a job in the guild while Martin said that he would stay in the guild. When we arrived, Asuka quickly headed to the swing. Then, she asked me to push her. She kept demanding higher and higher. I could see other children playing as well, accompanied mostly by their mothers. Actually, there wasn't a single father there. There were women of various ages, from teenagers to grandmothers. I heard the first ones talking about me. I focused on pushing Asuka and tried to ignore them, but as a dragon slayer I have sensitive ears...

"(Y/N), (Y/N) let's go to the slide now!" She said excited as I carefully stopped the swing and she got down. Then, she grabbed my wrist and took me along with her. She asked me to slide with her. I was about to refuse but she looked at me with those sweet eyes, that if felt cruel to refuse. I decided to slide with her. We did that a more than five times. Then Asuka said that she wanted to go on a horse spring ride. I sat at a nearby bench as I watched her. She waved at me happily and I waved back. She also took out her hat and pretended to be a cowboy. Then she went to the seesaw and started playing with another girl. I was sitting on the bench when a young girl came and sat next to me. She was about my age.

"Is this your daughter playing with my sister?" She asked smiling.

"Oh, she is not my daughter. She's my best friend's daughter. They had to go away for a job and I'm taking care of her." I said and moved discreetly a bit away from her. She probably didn't realize it.

"I'm Hana, by the way." She said as she offered me her hand.

Crap if Erza were to see me talking she'd definitely be jealous. And that will not end well. Mostly for the oblivious girl next to me....

"I'm (Y/N)..." I said reluctantly as I shook her hand. I had to be polite while I silently prayed that Erza wouldn't see us.

"Would you-" Hana said but Asuka suddenly run to me with tears in her eyes. She somehow managed to fall and scratched her knee. I hugged her and patted her on the back.