To become Stronger

It's been a week since Tartaros. Part of Magnolia was destroyed. Fortunately, it was only the part that was near our guild and not the entire city. However, as I heard it was not the only one. Many other cities had suffered due to Face. We are all standing at the place were our guild once stood. Now, there was nothing left there. I looked at it with sadness. I tried searching for Natsu but didn't see him anywhere. I decided to head to his house. When I arrived I saw him packing.

"Going somewhere?" I asked smiling.

"I decided I have to get stronger. To defeat Acnologia." He said and clenched his fist.

"What about Lucy? Aren't you going to take her with you?" I asked surprised. Natsu looked down.

"I have to do this. But I'm leaving a letter." He said and pointed it.

"I have to leave too..." I said and looked down. "To control this" I said and brought my left hand forward. He nodded.

"I hope to see you again" I said and smiled as I turned to leave.

"In a year." He said and smiled. I stopped and turned to look at him.

"If you want to defeat Acnologia you will have to do it before I do it. So, make sure you surpass me." I said and we fist-bumped. He smiled as I walked away. It was already afternoon and the sun was about to set. I was walking near the river when I saw Erza. She was sitting down, probably thinking. I realized that she was shaking as well. I walked to her and sat down next to her. We both sat there in silence until she decided to lean on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there. When I was brought to that cube, before they put me in the capsule, I heard someone screaming." I said and paused. "I realized it later but that was you, wasn't it..." I said and clenched my fist. She didn't answer. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." Erza still didn't answer. She just tightened her grip on my hand.

"Guess I'm all bark and no bite...." I said and looked down.

"It's not your fault" Erza said.

"Listen Erza...there is something important I need to talk to you about." I said and looked at her. She looked at me worried. "I have to leave." I said somberly. Erza looked at me surprised. "I have to do something about this." I said and showed her my left arm. She looked at it but understood what I meant.

"I want to come with you." She said and hugged me.

"You can't. Martin can't come either. I don't want to hurt any of you by accident." I said and hugged her as well. She didn't answer.

"For how long will you be away..." She finally said.

"I don't know. A year at minimum probably." I said and gulped.

"I see." She said.

"I know, I shouldn't be asking this of you...but can you wait for me?" I asked and looked at her in the eyes. She nodded and buried her head to my chest.

"Damn it...I really don't deserve you..." I said as I felt tears in my eyes. I felt something wet in my shirt as well. Erza was probably crying too.

"I understand why you have to go... But take Martin at least. You'll get lonely. And also, never forget one thing. That I will be waiting for you. So...come back quick..." I hugged her and kissed her forehead. I then lifted her head and kissed her

"I'll never forget it. And I promise to write as well." I said and we both lied down on the grass.

I left the next day along with Martin. I headed to Mount Altana where Ayrum's cave was. There, I begun my training. While I was training, Martin was always hiding behind the remains of Ayrum's shed skin in order to be safe. I sometimes ended up destroying part of the cave after losing control. Thankfully, Martin would always bring me back to normal. It took me seven months to fully be able to control my demon. So next, was Ayrum's true power. The training was painful but I had to do it. One day, I even saw Natsu who was passing by along with Happy. Natsu wanted to show me how strong he had become so he challenged me into a fight. I accepted and we ended up destroying half the mountain. In the end, I won though. He spent two days with me and then, he left to continue his training. The closest city to Mount Altana was Margaret City, where Lamia Scale was so I occasionally visited Wendy who had joined that guild. Then, I would always return back to that cave.

Finally, after the year passed, I had managed to acquire Ayrum's final skill. It was a forbidden dragon spell that would allow me to become a real dragon, not just cover my body with crystals like I did last time. That was the reason, why I Ayrum didn't exit my body. Because I need to fuse my body with a dragon's. However, I wasn't sure what the consequences of this spell would be. Probably death, I think. Despite the fact that Ayrum was inside me, I hadn't found a way to communicate with him. During the year, Martin was training as well. He had managed to learn transformation magic in Lamia Scale and wield a sword.

"Let's return to the others, shall we?" I asked the small cat who was next to me. He nodded happily as we both headed towards Margaret Town.

(A/N: Alright this is an increadibly small chapter but it's like a small timeskip where I briefly explained what had happened during the year and the power that your character has to awaken, its abilities and the consequence of using it. See ya!)