Daniel to the Rescue

Woodlands Biome, OverWorld
HeroBrine's Mansion

Daniels opened his eyes. He was laying down on a bed on his back. Sitting up, he looked around at the room he was currently in.

There were no windows. The walls were made of dark oak wood planks and cobblestone. The ceiling was made of oak wood planks. There was a fireplace in the center of the room, with a fire burning, crackling and popping.

There were lanterns hanging from the ceiling on chains. There was a single oak wood door to his right. The only means of escaping this room was right there.

"Where—am—I?" Daniel questioned as he began walking around the room.

There were small wooden chests placed around the room. They must be filled with something, right? There was a lectern located in the corner of the room with bookshelves lining the wall.

Daniel walks over to the bookshelves. Dozens of written books were on the shelves. The Scary Tales of HeroBrine, The Legend of the Brine Family, How to Feed Cows, and one book simply titled Mineaggedon: The End of the OverWorld.

"Mineaggedon?" Daniel questioned, "the end of the OverWorld? HeroBrine? Who's house am I in?"

The wooden door opened up. Daniel quickly turned around. HeroBrine had entered the room with Maximus on a leash.

"Hello Daniel," HeroBrine greeted, "sleep well, did we?"

"Maximus?" Daniel asked as he looked directly at HeroBrine, "what have you done? Why am I here? Where's Petra?"

HeroBrine took the lead off of Maximus' collar. "Sit Max!" He said.

HeroBrine began walking around the room with his hands behind his back. He was pacing back and forth in a straight line.

"Oh you mean your friend?" HeroBrine asked, "oh she's fine. Trust me. I wouldn't dare hurt a single blockhead. I leave that to my good friends the Pillagers."

Daniel grabbed his iron sword out of his inventory. He firmly held his sword in his hand, preparing himself to fight HeroBrine.

"You're a monster," Daniel shouted as the anger inside of him began to grow. The angrier he became, the chances of him getting into a deadly duel with HeroBrine grew.

HeroBrine stopped walking. He looked directly at Daniel. He reached behind his back and grabbed a painting out of his inventory.

"I wasn't always a monster you know," HeroBrine said as he showed Daniel the painting of him. He was standing next to a girl with orange, long hair. She had green eyes, wore a green shirt and brown pants, with black boots.

He was wearing a light blue shirt with dark blue pants and black shoes. He had brown hair. Much like his hair he has now and semi-dark blue eyes.

"What is this?" Daniel asked.

"Me and my friend Alex. Indeed, I did have friends a long time ago."

"That's not possible," Daniel said, "this is all just a trick. Part of a grand scheme, right?"

"No tricks. No gimmicks. This is just me telling you that I wasn't always a monster," HeroBrine said.

"Then tell me how you got your name!"

"My name before I died was Steve," HeroBrine said, "Before your Village came into existence I lived in a farmhouse in the Plains Biome."

"Go on. I'm listening," Daniel said.

"One day, my friend Alex told me about this egg. It was no ordinary egg, but a special one. She brought up the idea of venturing into the End Dimension. I reluctantly agreed to participate and assist her on a dangerous, perilous quest."