Elderon

Northern Creek Village, SkyWorld
Night

"Thank you for the tour, Amelia," Daniel thanked Amelia. The tour of the village was very nice. A lot of beautiful sights to see. One thing Daniel liked especially was the Pegasus's Barn. The armored white Pegasus's were something never seen before until now. Daniel nor Ceres knew they existed. Beautiful creatures indeed.

Amelia, Ceres, and Daniel walked up to a small house. Made of oak logs, oak planks, and cobblestone stairs. The roof was made of cobblestone stairs to give the roof that angled look.

"You gentlemen are very welcome," Amelia responded. She smiled. "It's getting late. I shall see you in the morning, yes? There's so much more we didn't have the chance to see yet."

"Absolutely," Daniel said happily.

"Good night Daniel. And to you too Ceres," Amelia said as she turned around and began walking down the gravel path back to her home.

The entire village was beginning to head to sleep for the night. The lanterns at each corner shined bright, the smoke from everyone's chimneys continued to escape into the air. The Pegasus's were sleeping in their barn, the pigs were snoring, the sheep continued to graze the grass in their enclosed area, and the cows moo'd as they were beginning to go to sleep for the night.

"Oh I almost forgot," Amelia said as she turned around to look at Daniel and Ceres again. "My friend Carlily is going to House you two for the evening. She's expecting you now. Good night gentlemen."

She again turned around and proceeded to walk back to her house. Daniel and Ceres walked up to the door of the small house. Ceres knocked on the door.

A snorting sound could be heard from inside, followed by barking. An older lady walked over to the door and opened it. She smiled as she saw Daniel and Ceres.

"I was expecting you two," Carlily said, "come, come. Come in. You're just in time for dinner."

Daniel and Ceres walked into the house. Carlily closed the oak door behind her. A fire was burning in the fireplace. Carlily walked over to the fireplace and grabbed three pieces of cooked pork chops off of the fire.

"Slaughtered just this morning," Carlily said as she proceeded to walk over to the small table. Daniel and Ceres sat down at the oak table.

Carlily's pug was growling as he laid in his bed in the corner over by her bed. He was chewing on his bone, staring at Ceres and Daniel. To him, they were strangers; intruders and a threat to Carlily's safety. But to Carlily, they were guests.

"Oh hush, Otis!" Carlily said as she shushed him. He stopped growling, but continued to stare at Daniel and Ceres.

Everyone took their seats at the table. Carlily gave them one piece of pork each. "You want to know something?" Carlily said to Daniel.

"What's that?" Daniel responded.

"You remind me a lot of my eldest son," Carlily mentioned.

Daniel raised one of his eyebrows with curiosity. "I do?" He questioned, "what's his name?"

"His name is Hero," Carlily answered. "At least, that was his name."

"You mean HeroBrine?" Ceres asked.

Carlily glanced over at Otis, looking away briefly. She silently nodded her head. "That's his name alright. Speaking of which, how is he? I haven't seen him in years."

"He's doing just—," Daniel said.

"He's trying to destroy the entire OverWorld, including SkyWorld! That's how he's doing currently. We've had a couple of encounters with him."

"You know he never used to be bad," Carlily mentioned as she went silent. She froze in place, staring at Daniel and Ceres.

Daniel waved his hand in the air to get her attention. But she didn't move. Suddenly...

"And there I was, sitting on the back of a brown horse," Carlily began. Daniel jumped in his seat because he was suddenly frightened by her suddenly speaking.

"Are you going to tell us a story?" Ceres asked.

"Yes," Carlily responded.

"Why did you name him HeroBrine?" Daniel asked.

"Indeed his name was HeroBrine, but I only called him Hero for short," Carlily answered.

"And there I was, on my brown horse. HeroBrine was riding on a horse close behind me. We were trying to outrun two evil entities—NetherBrine and his father EnderBrine. NetherBrine was riding on a flaming, skeleton horse. It's eyes were glowing a bright red.

"The last thing I remember before Hero was taken from me, was Hero's horse being injured by an arrow. His horse stumbled and fell to the ground, throwing Hero off of him. Hero landed on his stomach. He, too, was injured.

"I stopped my horse. I jumped off of him and began running towards Hero. But before I could make it to him, NetherBrine had managed to grab ahold of Hero's arm. He yanked Hero's arm, forcing him back up onto his feet.

"I—I just stood there, frozen in place. Not a single part of me could move. My emotions began to get the better of me. Hero was very phased and disoriented. As NetherBrine held his arm and pulled him back towards his horse, I cried out."

"What did you say?" Ceres asked.

"I told him he could fight them and free himself. I shouted at him in a shaky voice. But he must've never heard me. But to this day, I feel like I gave up on him. I let him be taken by those monsters. And now I'm going to have to live with that guilt for the rest of my days," Carlily mentioned.

"That explains a lot. Now I have a better understanding of how he turned evil," Daniel said as he leaned forward in his chair, setting his arms down on the table. "What if I were to tell you that there's a possibility that we could bring him back?"

"How would you do that?" Carlily asked.

"Well I actually haven't figured that part out yet," Daniel mentioned.

"Quiet!" Carlily said as she tried to focus her hearing on something. Daniel and Ceres became confused as to what she was trying to do. She looked out of her window.

The tree's leaves outside were rustling. The grass was swaying back and forth. She got up from her seat and walked over to the window. Carlily glanced outside, but couldn't see anything.

It was probably just a strong gust of wind. After all, they were hundreds of blocks in the air. The moon's light was shining bright. Suddenly, though, she saw a shadow rapidly moving across the ground.

"Stay here boys," Carlily said as she frowned. She walked over to the oak wood door and opened it. Otis got up from his bed and followed her outside.

Daniel and Ceres looked at eachother. They knew something was wrong. They, too, saw the shadow of something outside.

"Daniel? Ceres?" Carlily said from outside. Otis was standing at her feet, looking up into the sky. He began barking once he saw what Carlily was seeing.

Daniel and Ceres walked outside. Carlily pointed up into the air, but didn't say a single word. They both turned their heads and looked up into the night sky.

What they were seeing was a large creature with wings. It was black, blending in with the black sky. It had large, massive wings. They were flapping viciously.

"What the? What is that?" Daniel asked.

"Daniel. Ceres," Carlily said, "that, my friends, is what I feared was coming. Gentlemen, meet Elderon. A ferocious and dangerous dragon. By the looks of it, he doesn't mean well."

"Elderon the Dragon?" Ceres questioned. "I've heard of him before. He's a destruction hungry Dragon. He'll do anything in his power to eradicate peace. By the looks of it, he's going to attack!"

"Attack us?" Daniel questioned. "How do we fight back?"

"We don't," Carlily said, "all we can do is run!"