F o u r

Hinata's POV

The lights dimmed and I fiddled with my fingers, filled with anxiety for whatever was to come. Kageyama's hand remained on top of mine, although it doesn't feel the same way as Oikawa held mine.

I didn't feel flustered, but I felt surprisingly more reassured. I bit my lip and Kageyama lightly tapped my shoulder, indicating that I should look up at the screen.

I gasped upon seeing the largely displayed subtitles, resisting the urge to hug Kageyama. I figured someone as grumpy as him wouldn't want a hug, so I had to suck it up and hide my excitement.

I found it interesting whenever the movie marked its halfway point, I turned my head to notice Kageyama was.. admiring me? I didn't hide my confusion whatsoever because I was genuinely curious, but I quickly forgot about it and focused on the movie again.

In the blink of an eye, the movie was over. I was too ecstatic about the subtitles to remember what happened throughout the entire film, but I'm glad Kageyama thought of me like that. It was a nice change of heart.

Wait, from him? No—

There's no way he's changing himself for me, I'm not that special. Haha.

We walked out of the movie theater and Kageyama rambled about how much he loved the movie. This surprised me as well because he doesn't usually fantasize over anything besides volleyball.

I couldn't resist admiring him, but why? Why was I intrigued by this boy who hardly knew how to communicate with me?

His voice was barely a whisper in my ear, but his voice rumbled deep enough to the point where I could make out some of the words he was saying. I know that sounds illogical, but I heard words such as, "..scene!" and "acting.. so.. male.. fitting!"

It didn't make much sense to me since I could only hear every other word. I heard another whisper, but it wasn't Kageyama's and it was softer— I could hardly even hear it.

Kageyama and I turn around upon hearing, "Yoo-hoo! Long time no see, Tobio-chan!"

I feel my heart race once I see the boy who said that, in which it so happened to be Oikawa. I flashed my most charming smile and whispered, "Oikawa-san!"

I refused to let him hear my hoarse and disgusting voice, so it was for the best to just keep my voice at a whisper. His eyes widen a little and he smiles warmly in return, signing to me, "So you can talk, Chibi-chan."

I nod, feeling my face heat up once again. I'm still oblivious to what this new feeling is for Oikawa, but I'm determined to find out soon enough.

Out of the blue, I feel Kageyama's glare piercing my body. I tense up and Oikawa seems to notice I'm on edge, so he puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

He signs to me, "Say, Chibi-chan, you wanna walk home with me?"

I nod again, happily flustered. "Hai," I softly reply and Oikawa takes my hand. I see him look back at Kageyama, but I don't have a clue about what face he's making at him.

Maybe they're whispering something to each other?

Kageyama's POV

"Oikawa-san," I say and lower my voice. I successfully catch my superior's attention and he hums in reply, looking at me with amusement glistening in his eyes. "Don't tell me you're toying with him."

Oikawa stiffens upon me saying that and his amused look quickly does a one-eighty. Now, he's glaring at me, his cold stare burning into body. He replies with, in the same soft tone as mine, "I wouldn't toy with a mute and nearly deaf person, Tobio-chan. You and I both know that's morally wrong. Instead, I'm giving him what he wants, because he's clearly been hurt in the past."

I froze and I knew Oikawa wasn't lying or trying to be mocking. Oikawa's playful gaze had disappeared and now he's dead serious— I never thought I'd see the day where I'd piss him off this badly.

I just couldn't believe that Hinata was hurt in the past, what would make Oikawa know that he was?

There's just no way. With that bright of a smile, there's no way in hell he was hurt in the past.

Right?