S i x t e e n

Kageyama's POV

Shortly after Hinata signed that to me, Oikawa went home with a satisfied smirk on his face. I'm unsure of why he had that specific facial expression, but right now, I'm in heaven.

Hinata decided he wanted to move over to the couch because despite how comfy my mattress is, he was sick of being confined in a singular space. I agreed that he was correct, so we went out into the kitchen, but he groaned the majority of the time whenever I was cooking, so I suggested he should lay down on the couch instead. Needless to say, he listened to me, so here we are now.

For the first time in awhile, I finished cooking dinner and yelled, "Come and eat!"

I realized he probably needed assistance in standing up or moving around, so I lightly jogged over to the couch, effortlessly wrapping an arm around Hinata's waist to give him support. Even though he didn't really speak, I noticed his small smile and his flushed cheeks.

Maybe he does feel the same way about me?

Him and I scarfed down our dinner even though I was expecting it to taste a lot worse. We didn't talk to each other at the table, as we were both extremely hungry, but after we were finished, I could tell Hinata was exhausted.

"Do you want to rest some more?" I ask the ginger in my most comforting tone and he nods in reply. I get up from where I'm sitting and hold him close to me to help him walk, but look away from him to resist myself blushing at the sight of him.

I glance back over to examine his remaining wounds. Within the past few days he's stayed over at my house, his injuries have healed significantly, and I'm less concerned than I originally was.

I helped him onto the couch and as I was about to walk away, I felt an aggressive tug on my sleeve. I turn a bit and notice Hinata pulling my arm; out of curiosity, I allow him to do so.

He pulls me down on the couch with him and I'm thrown off guard, unaware and oblivious to what his intentions are. I feel a couple of beads of nervous sweat drip down my neck and he gets up, beckoning for me to lay down.

I stare at him in confusion and in return, he unstably pushes me down on the couch. He lays on top of me and closes his eyes, giving me time to realize that he just wanted to snuggle.

I hide a grin and reach down beside me to grab the blanket that was on the floor. I put it over us and wrap my arms around Hinata, securing and embracing him while he slept peacefully.

"When should I tell him?" I mutter to myself, knowing that the ginger is asleep. "He opened up to me, so I think it's almost time for me to open up to him in return. I've learned to trust him like he learned to trust me, right?"

——————————

Hinata's POV

I do my best to prevent myself from being awake, but I couldn't bring myself to go to sleep after Kageyama said that. I'm pretty sure he knew I was asleep, but obviously, in reality, I wasn't.

I listened to hear what more he could possibly say, but he was silent. I stealthily open one of my eyes, peeking at the black haired boy to see if he was sleeping. The world must've been on my side at this very moment because there he was, sound asleep.

I find myself staring at him, feeling my face heat up gradually the longer I keep admiring him. Fu— maybe I am feeling a stronger feeling of what I felt for Oikawa.

Is it too early to act on this impulse now? Again, it's only been a few days.

This is frustrating.

I groan and close my eyes, settling on top of Kageyama once again. I let out a long, exasperated sigh, followed up by a huge yawn.

I feel my eyelids get heavier and heavier until I black out, not remembering anything else that came after that moment. I only hoped to dream of Kageyama—

kissing.. me?