T w e n t y

Kageyama's POV

The next day that followed that amazing, fateful evening was the first day back to school. Today began our third semester, also known as the final semester until we first years became second years. Unfortunately, that also meant that Daichi, Suga, and Asahi-san would be leaving after the spring tournament finishes. One of our managers, Kiyoko-san, would also be leaving too, and I'm sure Tanaka and Noya wouldn't be too thrilled to see her leave so soon.

Everything seemed to be running smoothly for today. I walked Hinata home and held him in my arms for as long as I could, finally releasing him to go inside his house.

I decided not to wait for him this morning because I figured he'd probably beat me to school anyway, but it turns out that I was dead wrong. Instead, whenever I walked into my first period class, he wasn't there, which was unusual.

I decided not to look too much into it, searching the halls once the bell rang to begin second period. There was still no sign of Hinata and that's when I began to get suspicious.

I kept glancing in the hallways as I went to each period, but there was no reveal of my beloved. As each class passed, I would gradually get more worried, so that way by the end of the day, I was in a panic.

Once school was released, I broke into a sprint, my destination being Hinata's house. The wintery air made me pant a little harder, but there wasn't too much of a significant difference.

I skid to a halt and pound my fists on his door. At this point in time, I didn't care if they thought someone was trying to break in. I just wanted to see that dumbass, that's all.

There was no response, making my heart race faster, as it was filled with anxiousness. I pounded at the door again, this time with my knuckles. I hoped that using my knuckles would have a better effect, but unfortunately, there was still no answer.

"IS ANYONE HOME?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, on the verge of tears. What if his dad came back; what if he took Hinata and his mom away from this place to be with him? To take advantage of them? I couldn't help but feel stressed at the thought of that.

"Why..?" I mumbled to myself, tightly clenching my fists. Suddenly, I feel a piece of paper slam against the back of my head, courtesy of the wind, and I swipe the crinkled paper.

The print read,

"Kageyama, I wish you to remain in good health for the remainder of the time that I'm here," the letter began. "I probably won't be able to see you again if everything ends up going horribly wrong, which will be inconvenient. I would love to see you again, my love; I bet you'll love me even more after this surgery of mine."

No.. did his dad come back and force him into surgery to fix his muteness..? I thought in a panic, desperately banging on the door once again. This has to be a joke! An awful one, at that.

To my surprise, the door was swung open and I was met with an irritated facial expression. I looked up and saw a resemblance of Hinata.

The man greeted me by snatching the letter from my hands. "So, you're Kageyama Tobio? The one Hinata's been talking about?"

I nod and murmur, "Y-Yes, sir."

"Hmm," was all he replied with. He narrowed his eyes at me and said, "Come in. We have some things to discuss."

"M-Me?" I managed to stutter and with a "tch," he said, "Yes, genius. Who else would I be referring to anyway?"

Huh?

..wait a damn minute.

Is this Hinata's father?