T e n

!! TW: VIOLENCE !!

Hinata's POV

I feel a lump in my throat, it happens whenever I get extremely anxious. I feel beads of sweat begin to drip down my face, despite the cool air numbing the nervous heat radiating from my face.

One of the boys picks me up by the collar of my shirt and says, "What do you want, Shrimpy?"

Obviously, I couldn't reply because I was mute. I pleaded silently to myself to get out of this situation somehow, maybe even have Oikawa rescue me.

One of the other boys chuckles and says, "Why's your face red? Thinking about some girl? Are you in love?"

I think about that sentence for a little bit. Is that what I've been experiencing all this time? I've been in love with Oikawa?

The Oikawa Tooru?

My face heats up more at the realization of that. So, I am in love with the Great King, huh? Will he love me too if I confess to him? I guess there's only one way to find out.

"Hey, Shortstack! Getcha head out of the damn gutter, cause' if you think we're going to tolerate your lovey dovey attitude, you're dead wrong." The last boy chimes in with a smirk on his face.

"I-I'm not—!" My voice rasps; I gulp and begin to sweat more. I continue to silently plead, but the first boy throws a brawny punch to my face, catching me off guard. I touch my cheek and feel it beginning to swell. I eyed the three teens, feeling my amber eyes widen with terror with each passing second.

"Huh? What did you mean to say? Speak louder, cause' we couldn't hear you!" The first boy clearly mocked and I frowned in reply. I restrained myself the best I could from crying and so far I've succeeded.

The second boy threw a punch at my stomach as soon as I was able to stand up again. I coughed and inhaled sharply when I saw blood from my mouth drip onto my hand, trickling onto the cement.

"Wait, guys!" The second boy aggressively pinned me down and I hopelessly saw my elbows get slammed onto the cement. My face is submerged under the second boy's weight and I notice the same boy grabbing my ears.

"Guess what, the kid has hearing aids!" He announced, scoffing shortly after saying that, holding my ears and sitting on top of my body to keep me down on the ground.

The remaining two boys burst into laughter and throw questionable insults at me. I didn't bother to listen to any of them and zoned out; I just wanted to go back home.

The second boy gives a small snicker and I feel something yanked out of both my ears. He stands up, dropping both of my hearing aids on the ground like they were rendered useless for his own benefit.

The only pro of this was that I couldn't hear the boys' scornful laughter as they looked down upon me, it was only a whisper. I cover my ears, but in the midst of doing so, I feel blood trickling from my ears. I only hear ringing as I felt trauma washing over me, I could probably never go out alone again.

After what felt like hours, they began to walk away. I refrained myself from letting out a sigh of relief, waiting for them to exit the premises.

I'm taken by surprise when I see all three of them getting punched, kicked, and shoved to the ground by a mysterious man. The man turns his attention towards me and—

Oikawa?

Oikawa's POV

I was unfortunate enough to see Shouyou getting beaten to the pulp. I examined his surroundings, seeing what I could do to help before it was too late. Although, I was caught by surprise when I hear,

"Guess what, the kid has hearing aids!"

My first thought was,

Shouyou can finally hear..? Wait, I want to—

I put my thoughts on pause as I whip my head around from my examination, my eyes widening at the sight of one of the boys ripping out his hearing aids, throwing them down onto the cement.

The only curse words I say on a daily basis, or even say at all for that matter are dumbass, damnit, and shit. This time, though— my mind jumped the gun to another word; a new word.

My only thought was,

This motherfucker did NOT just do that.

While I broke into a sprint to beat up those three boys, I thought many things to myself. I wanted to save Chibi-chan one last time before I let him go to Tobio. Speaking of which, where is Tobio? Damnit, I don't have time to be worrying about him, I need to save Shouyou.

Once I arrived, I beat each of them up, one by one until they were all down on their knees, begging for their lives to be spared. I wasn't going to feel any remorse from this, they were practically asking to be found dead in a dumpster.

They scattered away and I noticed Shouyou looking up at me in awe and in relief. He shook as he tried to stand up, so I held him close to me, helping him up.

The first thing he rasped when he stood up was,

"I-I need to tell you s-something."