T w e n t y - F o u r

Three months later..

Kageyama's POV

Today is the day I take out Shouyou on our first ever date. Since it's finally springtime, I'm happy to announce that he'll get to see the peak of the beautiful cherry blossoms, which began their blooming process approximately a week ago.

"Sho," I whispered, shaking him lightly to wake him up. He rubbed his visibly tired eyes and looked up at me lovingly, making my heart melt instantly.

"Mmm, Tobio-chan, can't we stay here for a bit longer?" He asks me in a pouty tone and crosses his arms like an unsatisfied toddler.

I reluctantly sigh, giving in and nodding. I situate myself in my previous position and hold out my arms, waiting for Shouyou to nuzzle his head into my chest and snuggle close to me.

Instead, I see my ginger haired boyfriend smirk and I become confused about what I was witnessing. He bunny hops into my arms, but instead of bashing his head into my chest, he smashes his lips against mine, and within the next minute, we're making out.

I had seen couples making out in movies or TV shows before, but I never thought that in my lifetime I'd experience it myself. Needless to say, this was an oddly pleasant feeling.

After a couple of minutes or so, we pull away, both panting and needing to catch our breaths. I was thankful that my parents were in the U.S. at the moment for their anniversary, otherwise we would've been caught by now.

"T-That was amazing," I breathe and he gives me a warm, soothing smile in return. I feel my heart race, just how it did whenever I was confused about my feelings for Shouyou.

I realize I've been awkwardly staring at my boyfriend for too long and I face plant into my pillow.

"Tobio?" I hear my significant other ask in a concerned manner. He strips me away from the pillow and pulls me into a hug.

"H-Huh? S-Shouyou, you didn't h-have to—" I was cut off whenever he suddenly pulled away from me and looked into my eyes passionately.

"I love you," he murmurs and pecks my lips. Flustered and caught off guard, I barely managed to utter a coherent "I love you too" in return.

"Now, let's go to see the cherry blossoms!" He cheerfully exclaims, grabbing one of my arms and yanking me out of bed with him.

——————————

The stone pathway, the wooden bridge, the calming river that ran underneath it, and the cooling breeze was the best combination to set up the perfect scene. Shouyou and I walked hand in hand as we admired the blooming cherry blossoms without a care in the world.

It was relieving to not worry about anything for the time being, especially since our first year of high school ended about a month ago. All we had to do from this point forth was to look forward to our second year beginning, which was two days from now.

I feel Shouyou tug on my sleeve and I hum in reply, acknowledging his signal for attention. I look down and see his eyes welling up with tears.

"Is something wrong, love?" I ask him softly and he shakes his head in response.

"N-No, I-I just wanna say— t-thank you for e-everything!" He buries his head into my jacket and begins to sob into it. I'm unsure of what to say next to reassure him, so I embrace him while he cries into my chest.

"I don't think I've ever said this, but your voice is beautiful," I whisper and run my hands through his luscious ginger hair.

How did I get so lucky

Shouyou looks up at me and wipes away his tears, continuing to sniffle, but he grins brightly to clear away the waterworks. "P-Please know, T-Tobio, that I'm going to love you forever."

to be able to meet

"Are you now?" I tease him lightly, nudging him with my shoulder as he takes his hand into mine.

this bundle of joy,

"Of course," he says confidently and he runs in front of me, stopping the both of us in our tracks.

who went against all the odds,

Shouyou squeezes his eyes tight and clenches his fists. I blink in confusion, oblivious to what was occurring.

and improved my life while doing so? How did he drive us to both accept each other for our differences and move on from our pasts?

"I'M GOING TO MARRY YOU SOMEDAY!" He yells as loud as he possibly could, making my face turn red.

Shouyou rushed into my arms and we both murmured at the same time,

"How did we get so lucky?"

-

-

-

(A/N: Thank y'all so much for reading this book! I enjoyed writing this book passionately and I hope y'all were entertained by my writing. If you wish to read more Haikyuu books, check out my profile; I only have this and another Haikyuu fanfiction on my profile currently, but I promise I'll have additional content out soon)!