IV. | FOUR

☆ no warnings !

— THIRD PERSON POV ;

Y/n opted to let Five be for a bit, knowing he probably wouldn't want to be swarmed with people after coming back. So, she went back into her room and continued reading a book, trying not to fall asleep lest she miss anything else.

An hour or two later, the downpour had started outside. The soft pitter-patter sound of rain drops against the window echoed in Eights room. She jolted awake, nearly falling asleep as someone knocked on her door.

"Come in." Y/n sighed, setting the book down. She hadn't gotten too far into it, she spent more time keeping herself awake than reading.

Five leaned against the door frame, "It's time for the funeral."

"It's a memorial service." She corrected, standing from her bed.

"Okay, smart-ass. He's still dead either way."

"That was a little harsh, no?"

He rolled his eyes and then he was gone. Y/n hated when he would do that - just spatial jump away mid-conversation. It annoyed her more than anything else, because it's not like you could run after him or go to wherever he went. She shook her head and went to go downstairs. As she moved someone grabbed her shoulder and a soft blue light flooded her vision.

"Tell me when you do that next, yeah?"

"Still not used to it?" Five asked as he grabbed an umbrella.

"Well, it's been 17 years." She reminded him as she realized he got the last umbrella. "You'd think this place would never run out of umbrellas."

He gave a half-smile at her joke, "We can share."

"No, it's fine."

He shrugged, "Don't blame me if you get sick."

"I don't get sick."

"Nine year old you says otherwise." He popped the umbrella open and kept the door open with his hand.

"That was food poisoning, jackass." She followed him out and joined the others gathered around Luther, who was holding the urn.

"Did something happen?" Grace asked, trying to not look so lost as she smiled.

"Dad died. Remember?" Allison reminded her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Oh, yes. Of course." She recalled, a sad look washing over her with a hint of confusion still there.

"Is mom ok?" Allison asked Diego, taking her gloved hand back.

"Yeah, she's fine. She just needs rest, you know? Recharge." Diego answered, hair wet from the rain.

Pogo joined them a moment later, standing next to Vanya. "Whenever you're ready, dear boy." Pogo said sadly.

Luther nodded and poured the ashes out. They formed a small, sad pile on the ground.

"Probably would've been better with some wind." Luther commented.

Y/n bit her lip, trying not to smile or laugh.

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asked the group, only getting an answer in silence.

"Very well. In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master and my friend and I shall miss him very much." Pogo mourned, "He leaves behind a complicated legacy-."