XVII. | SEVENTEEN

☆ no warnings !

— ICARUS THEATER ;

The five of them sprinted up the stairs as the soft melody played. The concert had only began about a minute before their arrival. Allison stopped them all from going in at once and held up her notepad. 'I need to go alone', she had scrawled on the page.

"Allison, I can't let you do that, all right? She's beyond reasoning." Luther pointed out.

"You hear the music? It's started." Diego stressed over the muffled sounds of violins playing.

"Do you honestly think she's gonna listen? After everything that's happened?"

"We don't have time for this." Klaus muttered, pacing a small area back and forth.

"We really don't. I'll go in with her." Y/n didn't wait for Luthers approval. She simply walked into where the concert was being held without a second thought.

Allison joined her in the middle of the aisle and they watched Vanya play the violin. The other instruments complimented her part beautifully and for a moment, Y/n almost forgot why she was really there. She wished she could just be here to support Vanya and watch her play. She was quickly reminded that wasn't the case as Diego and Luther ran out from each sides of the stage in an attempt to stop Vanya.

She reacted quickly - standing and emitting a light blue, almost white energy wave out that sent them both flying into the crowd. The audience gasped and shrieked as they watched the scene play out before them. People from the crowd began leaving and Y/n ushered them to do so. Violinist tried leaving the stage as well, but Vanya sent another wave out at them and they sat down to continue playing with shaky hands and uneven breaths.

For a moment Y/n stopped ushering people to get out, letting Diego take over the job for her and watched Vanya send her third wave of energy out. She pulled herself together and ducked down to avoid it, pulling down a few people around her. Once it passed she stood up and told them to get out as soon as possible. As the remaining people of the audience left, the intruders in masks with guns had returned. The five of them ducked down behind the rows of chairs.

"She's stronger than expected." Luther commented, slightly out of breath from rushing around.

"Yeah." Diego agreed. Allison threw something at the two boys.

"Yeah. We're fine, thanks for asking." Luther replied sarcastically.

"So much for the element of surprise. Y/n, what can you do?" Diego asked her as she was ducked behind a chair.

"What do you mean?" She shook her head.

"Can't you freeze her?"

"Yeah, but in the long run that won't do anything. I'll have to unfreeze her before she dies of hypothermia and she'll still be upset." She explained. "What about her violin?"

"What about it?"

"It's her lightning rod. If we take it away and stop her from playing, we might have a shot." Luther explained.

The people with the firearm after the group started shooting bullets aimlessly. The orchestra and conductor on stage stopped playing and scurried off the stage, leaving Vanya alone to play her part. Y/n stealthy looked out from the row she was ducked behind. She set her palm on the ground to freeze the three masked people heading towards them.

"What the hell happened to Klaus? He's supposed to be our lookout!" Diego yelled over the gunfire.

"Yeah, you surprised?" Luther shouted back.