IX. | NINE

☆ short mentions of blood and a gun !

— LATER THAT DAY ;

Y/n stopped in the hallway of the academy, eyeing the trail of water mixed with blood leading into Klaus' bedroom. She knocked on the cracked open door and opened it fully to see if he was okay. Five followed in after her for his own reasons.

"You alright?" She asked him softly.

"Hey," He replied, shaking his head, "Yeah, just a long night."

"More than one from the looks of it." Five spoke up from Y/n's side. "I don't remember the dog tags."

"Yeah, they belonged to a friend." Klaus answered morosely.

"How about that new tattoo?"

"Y'know I don't totally remember getting it. Like I said, it was a long night." Klaus avoided it, waving his hand around in the air.

"It doesn't seem new," Y/n chimed in, "I mean, I haven't seen it before, but it would be more red. That looks healed." She surveyed it, stepping closer to him.

"Well, you don't know everything, little one." He sighed, patting her on the head.

"You did it, didn't you?" Five asked, done being nice.

"What are you talking about?" Klaus groaned.

"You know, I can recognize the symptoms, Klaus." He walked over to Y/n, standing next to her.

"Of what?"

"The jet lag, full body itch, headache that feels like someone shoved a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain. You gonna tell us about it?"

"Your pals, when they broke into the house and they couldn't find you guys, they took me hostage instead." Klaus admitted.

"Shit." Y/n's jaw dropped for a moment, "Sorry, Klaus."

"Oh, but in return he stole their briefcase, right?" Five guessed, looking at Klaus for him to confirm it.

"Yeah, I thought there was money in it, or I could pawn it, you know, whatever." He admitted again, "And then I opened it."

"You time travelled?" She asked, shaking her head. "Where- What time did you go to?"

"What difference does it make?" He asked, still speaking in a sullen tone.

"Okay, how long were you gone?" Five paced from one side of the room to another.

"Almost a year."

"A year?" The two repeated in unison, shocked by the answer.

"Do you know what this means?"

"Yeah, I'm ten months older now."

"No, this isn't a joke, Klaus." Five sighed, wringing his hands together. "Look, Hazel and Cha-Cha are gonna do whatever they can to get that briefcase back. Where is it now?"

"Gone. I destroyed it."

"What the hell were you thinking?" Five questioned him.

"What do you care?" Klaus asked, raising his voice slightly.

"What do I care?" Five repeated, "I needed it, you moron, to get back!"

"Just... just," Klaus sighed and got up, shoving his way between the two.

"Where are you going?" Y/n called down the hallway after him.

"Interrogations over, just leave." He called back.