XIII. | EIGHT

☆ mentions of knives/blades !

— THE SAME DAY ;

Five had a tight grip on the doctor as they walked towards the building with Eight far ahead of them. She stopped and stared at the burning building in front of her. Five let go of the doctor and ran up next to her. The moment he reached her, there was an explosion that sent both of them flying back, Five going one way and her going another.

Y/n gave her self a few moments to get back up and once she did, she coughed a bit while walking through the cloud of smoke to find Five. She knelt down next to him, the shards of glass cutting through her knee high socks.

She winced, inhaling sharply, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, are you?"

"Could be better. At least we aren't dead." She joked, forcing a laugh.

They walked back to the van silently to get their belongings. Which wasn't too much, just Delores, a bottle of vodka, and Y/n's blazer she had left behind as the weather only got hotter as the spring days passed.

— THE LIBRARY ;

Two sat in the isle of bookshelves, open and closed books surrounding them, the nearly empty glass bottle of vodka was next to Five. He was reading a book of some sort, skimming over the pages while muttering something.

"Five." Y/n was sprawled out on the floor, watching the ceiling spin slowly. He hummed in response. "I'm bored." She stopping drawing stuff in the air and let her arm fall limply to the ground.

"Talk to Delores." His words were mumbled and he didn't take his eyes off the book he was reading.

"She's sleeping. I want to talk to someone who's response I can hear." She complained, propping herself up on her elbows.

"Fine, what do you wanna do?" He asked as he set the book down next to him.

She shrugged, sitting up and leaning on the bookcase behind her. Five finished off the last of the vodka and put the lid back on. He spun the bottle between the two of them, the sight making them both a little nauseous. It eventually came to a slow stop, the tip of the bottle directed at neither of them, but to Y/n's right.

"Shame." Five shrugged, kicking the bottle away.

"I didn't even agree to play." Y/n sighed.

"So what would you have done if it landed on you?"

Y/n shrugged as Five moved closer to her, their faces suddenly inches apart. He stared deep into her eyes, studying the color and the reflection of the lights in them. His gaze trailed down to her lips and he sighed.

"Sorry. I needed to grab this." He pulled out the book from the shelf behind her and sat back down across from her.

Y/n turned her head to the side, scratching the back of her neck.

"Nervous?" he asked with a coy smile, flipping the pages.

"No, I feel sick." she lied and laid back down, putting a hand on her stomach for emphasizes before falling asleep a few moments later.

— HOURS LATER ;

"Are they..?"

"Drunk as skunks? Yeah." Diego laughed at the two on the ground, sleeping peacefully.

"Alright, come on." Luther mumbled, walking over to them.

"What?"

"We can't just leave them here." He picked Five up and placed Delores in his arms. "I can't carry both of them. Pick her up."