Chapter Eighteen

"M-may I have the chicken as well!" Tamaki asked his voice wavering unsure. "Maki, you'll grow wings" Shoto whispered "I-i'm sorry Hawks" he looked down apologetically. "It's okay I don't care." He waved it off before eating his chicken in silence. Reiko coughed covering her mouth to be polite. When she pulled back she saw flower pedals and panicked. Nejire rose to her feet rushing to the girl's side. "Momo, as lovely as this dinner is may we be excused" Nejire asked lightly helping the poltergeist quirked girl up from her seat.

"O-of course" Momo nodded her onyx eyes full of fear. "Thank you" Nejire led her friend out of the mansion and onto the porch. "You have Hanahaki disease! Who is it?" Nejire asked her voice low with a neutral smile. "N-no one." She replied her body fading in and out.

"Tell me!" Begged the greenette "you have to keep quiet about it to them please!" Tears welled in Reiko's eyes. "No need to cry, I promise not to tell." Nejire held out a pinky, the ultimate word of trust.

"It's- oh gosh." Reiko faded "a boy." She whispered before becoming visible. "Who is he?" Nejire smiled as she looked into the translucent girl. "M-" the girl coughed again harshly as flower pedals gently swayed down to the fluffy snow. "Mirio? Mezo? Momo- wait she's a girl" Nejire giggled turning back to her friend. "Maybe" Reiko blushed giving no room for a valid answer. "Is it Mirio?" Asked the enthusiastic jade haired girl. Reiko shook her head "no way-" she gasped when she realized what was coming next. "You like Mezo Shoji!" Shouted Nejire with pent up excitement. "N-no of course not." She glanced away her throat burning.

"Are you going to tell him?" Asked the surge quirked girl. "I have to, or these will kill me. But if he doesn't feel the same I could die. But if I get the surgery and he does like me, then I won't like him and I'll still die! This is bad!" Shouted Reiko coughing up more ruby red petals. Nejire hugged her crying friend "we'll try to fix this." She tried to soothe the girl.