Chapter Six

School. Never before have I hated a word that much. I'm dreading it, and I have to be in that hellhole in 20 minutes time.

Minho and I agreed to break up today. Make some excuse about our "relationship" being under strain from "false accusations". Alby is showing zero interest in Minho. Tommy hasn't so much as glanced at me since we argued. I've agreed to apologise to him. After all, platonic love is better than no love.

After spending a ridiculous amount of time getting ready, I walk to Tommy's house. I don''t want to cause a scene at school, so I'm doing it now rather than later. Of course, the fact that if I don't do it now I probably will never had nothing to do with it. Nope. Absolutely not.

I knock on the door and wait, holding my breath. I'm let inside and suddenly enveloped in a warm hug.

"Newt!" Tommy says. "God, I've missed you, but I thought you were still annoyed at me, and I know I should have told you sooner, and Jesus don't ever do that again!" He takes a deep breath, probably deprived of oxygen considering the length of the sentence he just spouted out.

Well, guess I didn't need to apologise after all.

My face breaks into a grin and I pull him in for another hug. He's very slightly shorter, but more muscular, so I wrap my arms around him and his hands snake around my waist. We stay like that, not really needing to say anything else, when he sees the time and shouts "Shit!" running to get his bag.

He hurtles down the stairs and out the door, grabbing me and starting to run. "Tommy, what the hell?" I say, looking at him in confusion. "That was quality hug time!" He bursts out laughing, reminding me that school starts in about two minutes, and we run, clutching our sides with laughter.

Tommy looks so beautiful when he's happy. Grin spreading from ear to ear. Eyes dancing with untold jokes. I wish I could just snap a picture and frame it, but I don't. I'm not that much of a stalker - not yet, anyway!

We talk about everything and anything - school, friends, gossip, exams - and just ramble on, voicing our unheard opinions and clandestine wishes. The cheerful echo of our conversation radiates through the streets we walk along, a constant reminder of how happy we were, and how happy we are again.

It feels unbelievably good to be friends with him again. There's a slight awkwardness - but everything's not exactly going to be perfect after a fight. At least we're speaking to each other.

Teresa, however, might just combust on the spot if she sees us within a mile radius of each other, let alone chatting and joking with one another.I become more nervous as we approach the school gates, and, naturally, Tommy notices. He frowns but says nothing.

"WellI'vegottogofindMinhobutI'llspeaktoyousoonokaybye!" I say as soon as I see Teresa. I almost run towards Minho and collapse, out of breath, on the ground beside him. I smile at the sun and hope that this week will be slightly less... eventful.

I take a look around, wanting to see what Tommy and Teresa are doing, when I see Tommy is with Alby, not Teresa. She and Gally are talking in the corner. He is glaring menacingly at her, and she looks innocent, vulnerable even. He advances and whispers something in her ear. She just nods, and he shoves her violently and walks away. I see tears in her eyes, but she wipes them away and walks off.

What the hell is going on?

A/N:

Hey again!

It won't carry on being this boring - I hope! On the plus side though: NEWTMAS FLUFF!

Enjoy!

Rosa x