Chapter Eight

Thomas's P.O.V.

I wake up with a pounding head, and an emptiness in my mind. What the hell happened last night?

I turn and check if anyone else is in this bed too, and by some miracle, it's just me. I flop back onto my pillows, trying to remember where I am, and any ridiculous things I might have possibly done. Then it comes back to me.

Well, shit.

The room spins and shifts as I walk up to get another drink. I can't remember how many drinks I've had... probably one too many, from the swimming in my head and churning in my stomach. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have come to Teresa's party, as I tend to do stupid things at any kind of party. Can't think straight.

"TRUTH OR DARE!" I wince at the loud yelling, but join in anyway. There's about twenty of us, and I don't even recognise some of them. The only ones I know are me, Teresa, Minho, Alby and Newt. I grin and sit next to Alby, putting my arm round him. Both Newt and Minho glare at me. What the hell?

"Truth or dare, Newt?" Minho calls out.

"Ummm... truth, I guess?" he says, tentatively. He's probably the most sober amongst us. Minho looks at the ground, deep in thought. Then, his face lights up comically. "I know!" he shouts, "Take off your clothes and jump into the pool!" Newt's face pales.

"Can I at least keep one item of clothing on?" he pleads. Minho rolls his eyes and sighs melodramatically. "Fine, fine," he concedes, "One item only, though!" Newt grins, giving him the thumbs up, then strips down to his boxers. My eyes widen, and I can feel myself blushing.

God, Tommy, get some self-control.

Newt climbs out the pool, dripping wet and beaming, and Minho hands him a towel.

"Okay, Newt, you pick next," Minho says. Newt nods, and smirks wickedly, peering around the circle. "Teresa!" He yelps as she attemps to hit him.

I sit, my mouth agape at their friendliness. They hated each others' guts yesterday, so why are they friends now? I shake my head. They're probably just drunk. We're all drunk, for God's sake!

Newt is thinking, hard, and then smiles a deceivingly innocent smile. "Okay, you picked truth, right?" Teresa nods. Oops - guess I missed that part. "RIght then," Newt continues, "What is the most ridiculous thing you've ever done?"

Teresa, being the skin-of-a-rhino girl she is, just shrugs. Probably running down my street naked at four in the morning." she states matter-of-factly. We all just sit, stunned, before starting to giggle hysterically.

"Why?" Minho manages to choke out, clutching his sides. It's probably not even that funny, but we're all pissed and couldn't care less.Teresa smiles. "That's my Truth over. I don't have to answer any more questions until my next go."

Everyone glowers at her when she says this, but go silent anyway. "Now, who should I pick...?" Her gaze lingers on Minho before settling on me. Oh no. Hell, no.

"Thomas."

I'm screwed if I pick Truth. They'll ask me who I like while they sit RIGHT NEXT TO ME! I'll have to do dare, I just have to.

"Dare" I say casually, as if I didn't nearly break my brain figuring it out. I regret my decision so badly when I catch a glimpse of the look on her face. "If the person you like is in this room, kiss them!" she states authoritatively.

Oh no she didn't. That's basically two in one! Is the person you like in this room? Who is it? I really hate her right now, and I could say they're not here, but he's standing right there and-

No. Don't even think about it. Thomas, self-control, self-control, self-control.

Screw self-control!

So I grab his face and kiss him, straight on the lips. He doesn't respond. It's like I'm not even there. I'm about to pull away when he wraps his hands around my neck and pulls me in. My hands slink around his waist, and oh my God it's perfect. He's perfect. There are stars dancing behind my eyes and what the hell are we wearing these clothes for? I start to unbutton his shirt, and someone clears their throat.

Oh. I forgot everyone else was there.

Newt looks up at me and blushes, and all the things I love about him just hit me. And that's when I realise.

I am completely and irrevocably in love with Newton Isaacson.

Why Thomas, oh God why? He was probably just drunk, you just ruined your friendship. I groan with frustration and get up to use the bathroom. Just as I'm about to go in, the door opens.

Well, I wasn't excpecting that...

A/N:

I am evil. I'm so sorry about the cliffhanger, but it had to be done. Also, I have never actually been drunk, so... yeah.

Anyway NEWTMAS! FINALLY! YES!

Let me know what you think :)

Rosa x