Chapter Seven

I feel a gentle tap on my shoulder in English Lit. To my surprise, it's Teresa. I fake a small smile."Hey, what's up?" I ask. She looks at me. "Listen, I'm sorry about the way I've been acting, it's just.."

I see red, an explosion of anger. "So you did send the text!" I hiss. "How could you?!" She looks shocked - either she doesn't know anything or should be receiving an Oscar. "Text?" she asks, looking confused. "I'm sorry, Newt, but I really don't know what you're talking about."

My eyes narrow, but I nod. Back to square one. Who could it be? The only other person who really hates me is Gally, but he hates everyone. Who was it? It couldn't just be a random stranger, as they saved their number on my phone.

 I quickly remember Teresa is sitting right in front of me. "Okay, sorry. Please continue," She smiles warmly at me and begins to speak. "I'm sorry about the way I've been acting... there's not really an excuse or explanation I can give you at this current stage, but all I can say is I'm sorry and it's not my fault,"

I stare at her blankly. "What the bloody hell is that supposed to mean?" I say. I know I'm being rude, but when someone comes up with senseless crap like that... I mean, seriously. Has someone put her up to this? Is somebody forcing her to be horrible?

My last question is out of my mouth before I can stop it. I really need to stop zoning out. I look up at Teresa to apologise, but she is about to fall off her chair in fright from the looks of it. Her cheeks are devoid of colour, her eyes wide. "Don't say anymore, please," she begs me.

Wait, what? "Someone was forcing you to be horrible?" I ask. She nods silently, eyes vacant and scared. She looks the same as she did when Gally spoke to her. "Gally!" I spit, fists clenching. "He did this didn't he? He put you up to this just to make my life a misery. What does he even want with me anyway?"

"I don't know," she mumbles, "He just said that if I didn't pretend to dislike you, he'd make my life a misery." He has to want something, otherwise everyone would know what Minho and I did.  I have never hated anyone more. Not only does he try and make people upset, he also uses innocent, perfecly nice people to do so. That dickhead!

"We have got to tell someone!" I insist. Her eyes widen. "He has been terrorising this school for ages, and no-one has done anything, but we have to do something! He's bullied countless individuals, and doesn't plan on stopping. I swear to God, that guy is a maniac!" Teresa slowly sits up straighter, and nods to herself.

"Okay, but I don't see how two people with no proof can do anything." she argues. I pause for a second. It's got to be more than just us. So many people have experienced his wrath, and few escape unscathed. "We just have to find everyone who agrees with us. We could do a protest! A riot!" Teresa raised an eyebrow. "Ever heard of a petition?" she says sarcastically, "Only very slightly more civilised and less like dancing baboons,"

We look at each other and start to laugh. "Ya know, Teresa, you're really not that bad," I inform her. She elbows me in the ribs. Hard. "Ouchhhhhhhhh!" I moan. She chuckles softly. "We should probably actually do some work now. Slinthead."

"Shuckface"

"Klunk"

"Greenie"

"Hey!"

"You started it!"

A/N:

So short and waaaaay too much dialogue, but oh well. It contains two (yes, two!) revelations: 1. Teresa isn't actually that much of a bitch and 2. Gally sent the texts!!! *cue dramatic music*

Anyway, hope y'all enjoy, comment & vote etc.

Rosa x