Chapter Nine

Newt's P.O.V.

I wake up to sunlight, streaming down on my face. I turn and see Tommy, sleeping beside me and smile.

So yesterday wasn't some crazy dream after all. The soreness in my backside proves that, anyway!

I get up to go to the bathroom, with one last fond look at Tommy. He's gonna have one hell of a hangover when he wakes up, and all of a sudden I'm glad I didn't drink that much yesterday.

I open the door and see Tommy standing there, looking tired but seriously hot. How is that even possible? I grin at him, before realising that he possibly was just drunk yesterday. Maybe he thought I was someone else?

"Tommy?" I ask. He turns around and looks at me expectantly. "I think we need to talk about... yesterday." His face falls. I guess he regrets it. Pain tears at my insides, little cracks threatening to break my heart apart.

"Yeah. Yeah, okay." he mutters, stumbling into the bathroom. I sigh and sit down on the bed, resting my head in my hands. I have to ruin everything, don't I? He probably never wants to see me again.

I hear the door opening and sit up, smiling tiredly.

"So..." I trail off. He looks uncomfortable. "If you don't want to talk about it, Tommy, if you want to forget about what happened, that's fine." I take a deep breath.

Now or never, make or break.

I muster up the courage to tell him. Finally, after months of waiting, ignoring my feelings, not telling him, this is it.

Now or never, make or break.

"The truth is, Tommy, I don't want to forget it. Because I, for one, loved it. I love everything about you, everything that you do. If you want to pretend like it didn't happen, Tommy, that's fine, because I am in love with you. I will forgive you no matter what you do. I love you, I can't help it, and I'm sorry. Please, Tommy, whatever you say, I'll do." My voice cracks and I finish, looking down at my hands. "Sorry."

"Don't be." I look up and Tommy is right in front of me. "Don't be sorry Newt, because God, I love you too, and I think everyone knew except you, and - oh, just kiss me already!" and I grab his face in my hands and they slip around his neck and his arms are round my waist and we're kissing I mean actual kissing, where neither of us is drunk and bloody hell, it's amazing.

Then his hands start to roam under my shirt and I pull away. "As much as I would love to continue this, I don't think my arse can cope with twice in 24 hours," I say, smiling slyly. "Wait," he says looking shocked, "We... you know. Did that... yesterday?" I start to laugh. "Do you seriously not remember?" I ask.

He looks ashamed and shakes his head sheepishly. "Guess I drank more than I thought. I wanted our first time to be special though. Memorable. But I can't even remember it." He looks sad. "Well, we can still make today memorable. By me asking you to be my boyfriend." I say, holding my breath.

His face breaks into a smile that unleashes my inner fangirl. "Of course, Newt. I love you. I love you so much." I smile back, and we sit there in comfortable silence. He is so perfect. Since when have I been lucky enough to have Tommy as my boyfriend? It's insane. I can't wipe this stupid smile off my face.

I wish we could just stay here, but my stomach is complaining loudly and Tommy probably requires some painkillers or something after how much he drank. I slowly untangle our limbs and get up. He looks at me with an adorable pout and puppy eyes. I sigh. "Tommy, we need breakfast," I explain. He shrugs. "Surely breakfast can wait," He looks up at me hopefully.

"Okay, five minutes, but that's only because I need to talk to you about something." I allow, and his face lights up happily. "What was it you wanted to talk about?" he queries, confused. "When are we going to come out as a couple? I mean, hold hands in public, tell our friends, our family?" He looks pensive for a second. "I think we should wait a couple of weeks, then tell them."

I nod in agreement. There's no point telling everyone yet, as our relationship might only last a matter of days. Once we know that we're going to continue with it, we can tell people. Makes sense.

I stand up and help Tommy up, then we walk downstairs. I make sure not to walk too close, to give anything away. I open various cupboards, but my search is fruitless. "Tommy!" I yell, "You've been over to Teresa's before, right?" I wait for an answer, and Tommy's hot breath on my ear shocks me. "The cupboard over there is bowls," he explains. "That drawer has spoons, there are the cereals, and milk's in the fridge."

My eyes are still wide from the... close encounter, but I obediently get us some breakfast. Minho and Teresa walk in just as we're sitting down. Teresa raises an eyebrow at both of us, but says nothing. She's smart, Teresa, and has probably figured out exactly what happened.

We're counting on the fact that everyone was too drunk to notice or care that we were kissing. Tommy reaches under the table and holds my hand, squeezing it lightly before letting go. "Well, Teresa, we'd best be off!" Tommy announces.

"No, no, please stay!" she says. "Minho's staying the day, so can you guys stay too? Please?" I look at her and nod slowly. "I'll stay." I say, and Tommy nods in confirmation too. Teresa squeals. "Awesome! We're going to have SO much fun!" she cackles, winking at Minho.

Tommy looks just as confused as I feel.

A/N:

Hey y'all!

I have so many ideas for this I just keep writing chapters! Once I've finished (I'm about halfway now!) I'll probably edit it, but until then, comment on any mistakes, yada yada, all the usual stuff.

Thanks :)

Rosa x