Chapter Twelve

A/N:

Warning: Gally is homophobic in this, so skip the first half of the chapter if you don't wanna read that stuff :).

Thomas' P.O.V.

We walk to school hand in hand that day.

I'm so glad our parents were fine with it. We knew they would be - family are supposed to love you, no matter what. It's unfortunate that the same cannot be said for high school students. One in particular, actually.

Gally.

Newt's grip tightens on my hand as he approaches and sneers at us. "What are you doing?" he asks. "Walking to school," I reply boredly. "Is that all? We have someplace to be." He flinches and Newt looks as though he's surpressing giggles.

"No. I think you know exactly what I mean, Greenie," Gally leers, stepping closer. "Two boys don't normally hold hands, do they? That's because they're not supposed to." I was shocked. Why would anyone say that?

To my surprise, Newt speaks up. "What's wrong with two people holding hands?" he demands, putting his arm around me defensively. "Two BOYS, Newt. That's what's wrong," he says. "So boys aren't people then?" I query, and that's it for Newt. We both erupt into nervous giggles and sprint off, leaving Gally standing there, gobsmacked.

Everyone in the group smiles knowingly when they see us. Alby and Frypan exchange money, with Alby triumphantly whispering "I told you!" Newt and I grin at each other, and I lean in and place a soft kiss on his lips.

He hesitantly kisses back. It's short and sweet, but enough to make most of the female population start resembling a bunch of overexcited meerkats. What is it with them, anyway?

Gally lurks in a corner, a thunderous expression on his face. Minho and Teresa are just beaming at us, looking like a pair of proud parents. The sun is shining on Newt's golden hair, reflecting off his dark eyes.

He stares at me and I stare back. I never thought he would look at me in that way, with so much love. And in that moment, everything's perfect.

I know that college will come, and maybe we'll be seperated. I know that things might not work out. We'll fight. Argue. Not speak to each other for days on end. But such is life - things don't always work out the way you want them to.

The only thing you can guarantee from life is death. Everything else - love, happiness, everything - you have to work for. And I know that if we do work hard, we can make this flower blossom.

A/N:

Firstly, thank you so much for persevering to the end. Secondly, sorry for the extreme fluffiness! And lastly *sniff* this is the last chapter! My first ever fanfic has come to an end. I will be writing another, hopefully, but may be taking a break from wattpad for a while.

Thanks!

Rosa x