𝕋𝕨𝕠 ℝ𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕤 𝕀𝕟 𝕒 𝕍𝕒𝕤𝕖

A/N

Hello ! Read from many profiles that Wattpad has been so quiet lately and totes agree. Comment down below your opinion and vote if you liked!

Please note that I am not part of a medical crew so please forgive me if I get details wrong.

Don't be a silent reader! Comment what you thought of  it! Much appreciated! : ) 💙

P.S Romance and suspense/action non violent story xD! Some paragraphs may trigger certain viewers.....

I watched as they were entwined and locked in each other's embrace. They rolled around and around, not letting go, oblivious to my presence. Monsters, traitors. They used me. I felt hot, stinging tears rolling down my flaming cheeks.

"What the hell?" I screamed into the bedroom. My fiancé and my best friend jumped and scrambled under the blankets of our bed. Their eyes were wide and plain frightened, with not a silver of regret or self distain.

In my rage I ripped our engagement ring off my index finger and threw it somewhere in the room. I didn't care anymore.

"We are over. Done. Don't you dare talk to me again! And you too! Bloody hell!" I swore and turned away from them, running down the stairs, footsteps ringing, lingering behind me. I stormed out of the house with my bare essentials, with the shouts, begs and calls of the illegal couple radiating behind me as I left, slamming the cursed door.

2 years later.......

I rushed about the surgery room, sweat pouring down like a waterfall from my glistening forehead, the only part of me not covered with white medical clothing and blue plastic protective gear. This patient was badly sick, and if I hurried, I could save her.

As I executed the procedure with the precision of an expert, my mind was too occupied to think about anything other than the job in front of me, and the patient I needed to assist, to help recover. Being the assistant head doctor was tiring work, especially because the actual head doctor of Rose Bay Hospital was busy in his office labouring away. I would have appreciated some help.

The procedure took roughly an hour in the pristine operating room, painted white and filled to the brim with nurses and medical equipment. People bustled around me as I operated around the patient's chest, extracting the shrapnel from the bullets as quickly and carefully as I could. Her face was monotone, white like a sheet, and cold as her breaths were barely heard in the room. She was holding on. She just needed to stay with me a while longer.

Finally, the painstaking progress was over, and to my immense and immediate relief, the patient's heart rate stabilised back to normal and she began to take bigger breaths in her unconsciousness. Thank goodness that terrorist was arrested. If not he could count on me to hunt him down myself for harming an innocent woman like the patient.

The nurses wheeled the moving bed out, and the relieved faces of the woman's family filled me with blissful joy. Another job well done, another family that I knitted back together. I had the chance to calm down so I fast walked to the nearest staff bathroom, having taken my medical protection off my steaming, tired body.

As I reached the bathroom, unwelcome flashbacks of that night suddenly began in my mind, shaking me to my core. I fell to the floor, groaning as I clutched my head, forced to remember the night my own family crumbled to nothing but ash and dust. Made to remember every detail, the pain and the shock overwhelming. I began to lightly sob, scared that someone would notice me in my weak and pathetic state. I enjoyed helping others but I was never mentally stable, and I would never be again.

Without warning I heard a loud siren, presumably coming from the door of the hospital. I shook myself out of my frail little shell and raced to get up. I rushed out of the bathroom and right through the people milling around the hospital, and straight to the entrance. It was not a happy sight.