𝔻𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕀𝕟 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕠𝕠𝕟𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

A/N This is a romance throwback story with some personal conflict in it! At the end there may be a little horror and action..... Enjoy!

Val

I remember the day  I met him, how his eyes grasped my mind and tugged on it, how his dazzling smile shocked me and made me swoon. How his emerald eyes made me enraptured in his very being.

He had sandy blonde hair, and perfect, sun-kissed skin. He was strong, and such a caring boy, a star in the local soccer team. Whenever he was goalkeeper, the team would always win by a lot of goals, and he would be showered in flowers from the cheerleaders on the side, them chanting his name. He would smile that contagious grin of his and everyone would lay down their lives for him. I was charmed, I was obsessed in an instant.

I know, I know, how cliche of me. But who can help it? Everyone wanted him. Everyone wanted to be friends or more to him. Most of them, like me, never got noticed. And I was naive to think that I could change that.

My locker was next to his, very close together, and it would always be blocked by the flowers that were always on his, cards, and lipstick marks. Girls were always fawning over him, crowding him. He seemed so uncomfortable but always so nice to even the most annoying of them. I thought he was different. I had no idea.

He was unique. Extraordinary. And I was oblivious to his treachery, drifting in plain sight. I was a young girl, easy to trick, inexperienced with boys. I was in a dream, a dream where everything would have a happily ever after. All of these were thoughts terribly far off the train of ruthless reality.

His form was enchanting, his behaviour was like a magnet for all. Always dazzling in his clothes, his laughing was like a ring of the brass bell of freedom, clear and loud, fresh and light. Fast spreading, like a benign virus. His teeth would always shine and glitter in the sun. He was so likeable, so beautiful, flawless. He was dainty like an angel, but cautious as the devil. I loved that, I once lived for that.

The first time he actually noticed me was in technology, when we were assigned to the same task as partners. He smiled at me and I was instantly hooked, but managed to keep my cool and finish the assignment with him. He kept glancing at me and smirking lightly, with i found endearing. He was so attractive, smart and a delightful presence to be in. The other girls glowered whenever we chatted in class, and he would chuckle and roll his eyes whenever he saw their behaviour. I fell for him so hard.

In the corridor he would ask me to hang out. He would chortle whenever i told a joke. The other girls would stare, and the brave, older ones would attempt to flirt with him weakly. I would giggle and then both of us would stare deep into each other's eyes, as if to share a message. I was young, and he was a player. What a match.

I didn't look too shabby myself. I had sapphire eyes and a sharp nose, with jet black, shoulder length hair. I would always wear the blue school uniform impeccably, without fault, and he would stare at me and compliment me about how pretty I was. I would flush. I would respond. Not anymore.

We hung out at our lockers, ate lunch together, and the jealousy around us was stifling. But neither of us appeared to care. I was content in his company, and i though he was in mine. But I didn't know that he would never be satisfied. I was crushing on him, dreaming of his smile every night. Some might say i was addicted. Truth be told, yes I was. 

Then one day it came out of nowhere. The last day of year 7 rolled around like an expectant thunderstorm, and many had to leave to another, better school for the rest of their high school years. I thought he would move. But he didn't. Of course not. The event changed my life forever, it was memorable, yet the day his venom truly reached my system and began to sink in.