ℂ𝕦𝕡𝕚𝕕'𝕤 𝕄𝕒𝕥𝕖

A/N

Hey guys sorry about the late update! I wrote this story on my perception of the Cupid and how the being works, so it's nothing to do with mythology. I kinda made it up.

The picture was random lol

This is a supernatural, paranormal and chill romance story! I hope you enjoy it and I hope the next update won't be so delayed!

Luv you all

Valentina

She was used to hearts breaking, literally and figuratively.

There she sat, the very deprived but thriving definition of love, on the seat of hearts. Her flaming red hair and freckles on the bridge of her perfect nose complemented her white skin and yellow eyes beautifully, giving her the appearance of an acne free, impeccable teenage girl of 15 years old. She looked into a mirror she procured from her large pocket and nodded in satisfaction at her look. Amazing.

Her pockets were camouflaged in a variety of reds and pinks that adorned her beautiful dress. The hems of it had shining, glittering pearls knitted onto lace and the dress went straight down to her lower leg, stopping just above her scar free ankles. Her shoes were yellow sandals suited to her small feet. She could morph her appearance however she liked, but this one was her favourite. The most attractive, the best one that practically reflected her wonderful yet dangerous personality.

Her bracelet was attached to her person every second of her existence, passed down from her unfortunate predecessor that decided her time in this miserable place was over. I don't blame her, being a Cupid goddess was hard.

The bracelet shimmered as the diamonds on it shone from the bright light. She smiled down at it, settled on her wrist, the thing that showed her successful and prophetic pairings for lucky humans whenever they prayed to her, and her subconscious, powered by it, would go down and poke their mind in the right or wrong direction, depending on what she felt like. It was amusing watching the mortals frolic around in their summer dresses, asking random people that were not their soulmates out. Sometimes those relationships worked out, Most of the time they don't, and she had to intervene.

After all, she was one of them once before the previous goddess gifted her this power. It was a privilege that she had come to see as her right, and would probably never let go of . It was a pure sensation of reigning fear and admiration directed towards her, a previously insignificant being, and she had loved it. She felt no remorse for that woman, as she watched her fall into dust at the time. She was so consumed in this attracting scent of power, loving it and cradling it.

She stalked like a feline creature off my throne, watching and spectating the events of humanity below. This palace was high above their perceptions, and nobody would know about it unless they were her, or the royal servants that would never leave their eternal posts. Today she was bored, and a bored cupid was never a good sign. She needed some entertainment.

And the only option that she thought of was to physically pair up soulmates herself.

Grinning, she left her will of iron concentrate on one thing. Wings that she would use to fly down to the place mortals called Earth. Chuckling, she felt the majestic white wings with soft feathers erupt from her relaxed back, and flapped them tentatively to make sure of her safety. She couldn't die, but tumbling through space certainly was not on her immortal bucket list. Nodding her head, satisfied, she strolled back to her seat and plopped down on it gracefully, wings folded.

Now all that was left to do was to find a target, and to pack for a very long time, knowing how clumsy human emotions were.

Her smirk tugged at the edge of her rosy lips. She would have tons of fun.