15

The very next day, we all are prepared for a quest which might cost our lives. Tears are already lingering in my vision as I follow the men, Shihyuk hot on our tail to ensure our safety from sudden back attacks.

"Hey. Hey, noona. Please don't feel pressured. We're gonna do our best to protect you okay?" he nod and let myself fall into the demon's embrace as we walk side by side.

The sole reason I'm out of the safe house with them here now is because we simply don't trust anyone, or anything. Me being alone anywhere is a dangerous hazard, and leaving one or two of them behind will potentially weaken the whole team.

Yes.

And I love the word: Team.

They're knit tight together so much that it scares me. They are willing to sacrifice their lives for the others, or me, and it's a beautiful truth I can always guess that will happen.

A painful, yet beautiful truth. A bond.

"Right there." Namjoon halts, and points his finger to a specific dark red and glowing crater in the midst of the forest grounds. A shiver runs down through my spine as I recollect the last time a portal was formed. And now when Namjoon, the most wisest of all and almost the most powerful one gave up on this issue he accidentally created, its terrifying me to the core.

"There are no creatures coming out of that portal, yet." Shihyuk warns us with an obvious statement. There was something coming, isn't it?

"Master, why not take it down while it emerges from that portal?" Yoongi enquires.

"Mind you Yoongi, the 'it' is very powerful."

"Is 'it' a singular it?" Taehyung asks.

"Yes..." goddamn this old man. He didn't need to kill us with suspicion okay?

"Oh and by the way the dark creatures feed onto the energy coming from the portal. They're immensely powerful when near it." I add on and they make 'ojo' faces. We wait for sometime and honestly, I'm beginning to hate on a factor called time.

"Ugh this is frustrating." Jin who's beside me thinks out loud.

"Wait for it..."
Oh the pun.

Rumbling and growling of 'it' was heard from the portal...

"Y-Yoongi-"

"Y-Yoongi-"

"Shush. It can't hear us." he comments about the creature which emerged from the portal. Dark, vicious looking, deadly creature which are mentioned in many of the personal journals I've researched through.

A Howler...

"J-Jin..." I hold my best friend's arm for support, but he held Namjoon to balance himself too. Our legs were shaking too badly, tears lingering in our vision.

"Sorae...shush..." Hobi the angel runs his hand down my hair in an attempt to calm me down, Jimin doing the same to a very frightened Jin.

"Hyung it's going to be fine. Don't bother, please. Just trust us..." Jimin whispers in assurance and kisses the crown of Jin's head affectionately. The fairy is really the sweetest of us all.

I interlace my fingers with his and squeeze them. He looks at me and squeezes back, a single tear of stress and distraught escaping his eye before I take him in my embrace.

"It's just him." Shihyuk points to the Howler who is now out of the portal and roaring menacingly, slicing down trees and shrubs to exhibit competition to any possible competitors.

"Alright..." Yoongi, the wizard levitates in the air, green aura like smoke surrounding him. He forwards through the air and soon Jungkook, Taehyung, Hobi and Namjoon follow. Shihyuk stays back with us to inspect any sudden changes and to protect us.

The Howler growls loudly at the sight of intruders. I flinch to myself when I watch the Howler swing a tree towards Yoongi, but he smoothly dies it and throws a ball of flame which makes the Howler stumble back by the attack. Following him immediately, Namjoon raises in the air, his feet disappearing and his real form of the spirit out into picture.

He grumbles as he gathers the energy and launches an attack on the Howler who yells in agony, finally falling on his back.

Though, the Howler is too close to his weapon.

Oh no!

The large sword lights up at the touch of its vicious owner, slicing through air and aiming its attack on Yoongi.

Then Taehyung, with his vampire speed, knocks the Howler in its face. It howls in pain, clutching the wounded part of its damaged face. My eyes widen when I catch a glimpse of Taehyung halting behind a bush, clutching his wounded stomach.

Oh shit his wound hasn't healed up yet??

Suddenly, his red eyes meet mine, and a smile etches onto his face. He winks playfully at me and speeds off into another direction, probably towards the portal to gain some energy to fight off the Howler.

Oh my god.

THE PORTAL!

"Shihyuk-nim! Get Jungkook to the portal! Quick!" he widens his eyes in sudden realization and flicks his hand in Jungkook's direction who is busy giving powerful blows to the Howler alongside Yoongi and Namjoon.

We watch as Jungkook growls loudly and fights the air but when he sees us, he gives us a confused look.

I hope he reads my mind.

"Jungkook, quickly feed on the energy from the portal! It'll help!" I close my eyes and chant. When I open them back again, Jungkook now stands in front of the portal with an enormous grin coloring his face.

Oh boy the demon is here...

"Now watch him roll." I raise my eyebrows at the old man's slang, shaking my head and changing my gaze to Jungkook.

He grows double in size, almost coming to the height of the Howler as he strides towards it like a king. He holds power, and its smelt from miles, miles away.

The punches he throws at the Howler are so loud that I and Jin flinch every time it appears that a bone or two were broken with every punch. It was funny too, if you'd ask me. The spirit and the wizard look at each other, pretty jobless at the moment and fly over to the portal which purges through flames.

One last blow, and the Howler meets the ground with a loud thud, unconscious for the moment.

"And mind you that this demon, was in bed with you last night." Jin says in my ear and snickers. I look back at the aid demon who now is transforming back to his original figure.

Shihyuk joins Yoongi and Namjoon and they try their best to close the portal with much effort.

And back to Jungkook, he is very, very naked at the moment. And I can't help but blush at the sight of his bone straight up pointing to the sky.

I unconsciously lick my lips.

And I just had to look at him while doing that.

"Hmm...I think I deserve a head."

"You sure do..."

(I might've sounded bitchy :) )