Chapter 11

My eyes widen by the sight of Eric and Cameron kissing on an empty desk "Mason!" Eric notices me, 'the "Cameron situation" just became the "Eric and Cameron situation" "what the hell?" I say closing the door "shit, please don't tell Tobi" Cam pleads "why couldn't you have just told her you were gay?" I question, 'poor Tobi, this is too far I can't hide this from her anymore' Eric gets off the table "because she'd probably get upset and tell everyone, the football coach is homophobic, he'll kick me off" he explains "one, Tobi isn't that type of person, and two, that's such a selfish reason to lie to someone" I say "come on, I know you got bullied for being gay, Tobi told me about bruises" he say "what bruises?!" Eric freaks out "I already told Tobi, I wasn't getting bullied it's from a skiing accident" I lied "you're lying, Jay tells me everything" he says, I look him dead in the eyes I know he was going to hold this against me if I told Tobi, I sigh "seriously, Mason? Why didn't you tell me?" Eric asks "because I knew you'd overreact" I say "but don't make this about me, you're hurting Tobi" I added, Eric stood there clearly feeling guilty and angry with me, Cam looked pretty guilty too, he leans against the table next to Eric, they looked at each other "how long have you two..?" I ask Eric, slightly trailing off "that was actually the first time we kissed" he responds, "fine, I won't tell her" I sigh "thank you" Cam says and entwines his fingers with Eric's, they smile it was cute "we should get to the park before Tobi thinks we ditched her" I note "yeah, let's go, but I'm still mad you" he states and begins walking towards his stuff but gets stop by Cam who pulls him into a kiss, I look away awkwardly but couldn't help but get a little glimpse of Cam placing his hands on Eric's waist as he cupped one his cheeks, they pull away and I pretend I wasn't looking.

We get to the park and spot Tobi waving at us, we sit next to her under a tree "what's up" Eric says "not much, it's almost the end of school, I think there's gonna be a party" Tobi says "fuck, I don't think I can go to another party, I still have a hangover from the last one" I groan "I wish I could gone but my parents are assholes" she says "trust me you wish you didn't go, I kept losing this one" Eric signals to me "he even ditched me when I tried to take him home" he adds with a joking scoff, I chuckle "sorry", speaking of the party Jay and I haven't talked since he told me he loved me, I feel bad, I mean it would be logical to choose Jay since Matt's dating Bordie and he doesn't feel the same way towards me, but I've tried to get rid of this crush I have on him but I can't, I like him to much.

I wave Tobi and Eric goodbye as they went home and I got in the car with my mom and Koby, who was sitting in the backseat and finally decided to talk to me 2 days ago, and somewhat apologize, "hey" my mom greets and began driving "'sup" I say pulling out my phone "so... how was school?" She starts making awkward small talk, I can tell she either wants something or is desperate to ask me something, "ok..." I respond and cringe my eyebrows, she clears her throat "so who'd you choose? Matt or Jay?" She asked quickly, my eyes shot towards her, "how'd you know their names?" I get creeped out, "she looked through your phone" Koby states "seriously! I could've had nudes there!" I say "well you didn't, and plus I didn't get Matt's name from your phone, Koby told me" she state "KOBY! We had a deal!" "She actually forced it out of me, she said she was ground me again and I was still mad at you" he states "why?" I groan "it's been awhile since I've heard teendrama," she said stopping at a red light, I sigh "which ones Matt?" She asked, "the one with a girlfriend" I lean against the car door and look outside "he has girlfriend and you kissed him!?" Koby exclaims, why can't they butt out on my love life, holy shit, "this is an invasion of privacy" I start getting irritated "what would you know about privacy?" Koby says reminding me of the party "shut up, it was my room" I cocked "now please, stay out my life" I groan "I bet he's gonna end up with Matt" my mom says to Koby, who smiles and nods, "ha, I wish" I thought I had said that in my head "so, you choose Matt?" She questions "what? No, I like Jay, a lot, but he hasn't talked or texted me since he confessed and I couldn't say 'I love you too' to him because I'm scared of hurting him, wait, why am I telling you this?" I rush out and sigh again they both aw at the same time, I just roll my eyes and focus my attention to my phone for the rest of the ride.

It's finally Friday, I stood at my locker just about open it until a figure slightly taller than me stands next to me, I look over to them, "hey" Jay greets me "hi" I smile slightly, "sorry for ignoring you" he apologizes "it's ok, I should apologize that was a d!ck move for me to make, I'm sorry" the bells rings, we part our ways with a 'bye' I head to my first class with my backpack, I sat next to Tobi whilst we waited for the teacher, who was usually late. Our chatter stopped when the Tele turns on, everyone looks at it shocked as if it was a new invention, the first thing that showed up was when I was in Matt's room helping him out after his sister splashed water on him, I was at the window and he had told me Cameron was Gay, everyone gasps, Tobi freezes, she's doesn't know how to react, then Matt asks if I would ever lie to him, "do you like me?" "No" the I feel myself get a little nauseous, our group chat texts where I admit I like Matt and the plan that we clearly never stuck to, the text were screenshot from Eric's phone... everyone looked at me, I get anxious but my eyes glued to screen so I wouldn't have to make eye contact with anyone especially Tobi, a video of me kissing Jay show up, then the party where the background was zoomed into to see Matt and I  blackout wasted and making out, and I left with Jay, I feel tears form in my eyes, Matt and I were kissing in the janitor closet and yet somehow they had an audio of the car when Jay confessed, fuck I know Tobi was going to show up on the screen but I have to leave I can't watch her hate me, I quickly got up with my backpack and run out, turns out every class in the school was watching this, tears stream down my cheeks, I run out of school and ran home without stopping. I get home and gasps for air and try wiping the tears away but they just didn't stop, thankfully no ones was home, I plant my bag near the door and go to my room, I cry into my pillow, they all hate me now, what am I supposed to do? I can't live with myself.

Koby's POV

The video was shown to the entire school, I feel so bad for Mason, he did have some bad secrets but he didn't deserve that, at the end of school I go up to Tobi who wasn't with Eric, obviously since he kissed the guy that she likes but he's gay, "have you seen Mason?" I ask her "no, he ran out first class," she sounded dull and hurt, 'he might have gone home' I thought to myself, I get on the bus and everyone starred at me and whispered stupid shit, I sat down  and look out the scratched up bus window as it began driving. I get home and notice Masons old backpack, I go to his room and lightly knock on the door, I don't hear anything so I walk inside, I see Mason asleep on top of his blanket, I'm guessing he cried himself to sleep since around his eyes were red, I get a blanket from my room and gently lay it over him, I get under it as well then hug him hiding my head in his chest and slowly falling asleep, I hope it doesn't get worse for him.

Word count: 1509