𝙘𝙖𝙛𝙚

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

i didn't come to their practice match today, i needed some space, i really need to calm myself down

i didn't come to their practice match today, i needed some space, i really need to calm myself down. the boss asked if i wanted to take today's shift so i could rest on thursday. i agreed and took the shift. i heard the bell on the door rang, signaling that someone must've came in, i wiped the counter and prepared myself to take the customer's order.

"welcome, may i take your order?" i looked up to the customer and flinched as i realised it was the same girl tooru kissed yesterday.

"yes i'll have a—" she abruptly stopped talking as she looked up and realised i was the cashier. "oh.. it's you, you're even uglier than the last time i saw you" she said with a disgusted look on her face.

"thank you! and you're even prettier than the last time i saw you!" i smiled. "now, what would you like to order?" i asked politely.

"you realise i'm insulting you, right?" she said.

"and i'm complimenting you! don't worry i've known how to form and understand a sentence since i was three years old!" i laughed. she stood there silently and started to order.

"i'll have an ice chocolate and a croissant" i tapped in the order.

"your total would be 770 yen" i said pulling out the receipts. she awkwardly placed the money on the counter and walked away. i put the money in the register and walked over to the pastry area to prepare her order.

"here you are, have a nice day!" i put her order on the counter and she grabbed it and left.

"___-san how are you so patient?" my coworker, terushima yuuji, asked. he is also a highschool student in need of money, he goes to johzenji high.

"why wouldn't i be yuuji-san?" i asked. "there's no use putting more fuel to the fire" i sighed. i had three more hours to cover so i decided to clean up the tables.

"i'm going over to the back, i need to take out the trash, just call me if there's anything you need help with okay?" yuuji said. i simply nodded and continued cleaning the tables.

"___-chan! are you here?" i heard a familiar voice.

"oikawa-san, hello!" i smiled. "your girlfriend just came in a few minutes ago, what a coincidence! did you see her on you way in?" i asked.

"she's not my girlfriend and yes i did see her" he said walking towards the counter.

"what would you like to order?" i asked him preparing myself to tap in his orders on the register.

"___-chan i'm sorry, please don't break up with me, i made a mistake" he pleaded once more. i sighed in disbelief.

"oikawa-san i thought we talked about this at school? i'm working right now" i said.

"___-chan, i need you"

"oikawa-san if you're not going to order something then you need to leave" i said politely but sternly.

"___ i love you, i'm really sorry" tooru said.

"i love you too oikawa-san! we're friends aren't we?" i chuckled. "now if you're not going to order anything i politely ask you to leave" he sighed and left. i continued cleaning up the tables. yuuji walked in after a few seconds.

"i saw you talking to your boyfriend" he said. "did you guys break up? you called him your friend and he kept on apologizing"

"oh that, he cheated on me at yesterday's match" i replied. yuuji was startled. "and the girl who came in before him was the girl he kissed, what a coincidence huh?" i continued.

"___, you really are something, how are you not hurt because of this?" he asked worried.

"oh i'm hurt yuuji-san, but i just chose to keep it to myself" i explained.

"you are the only thing you can control as they say"

"___..."

"and i can't control what others do, so the least i can do is accept it, it is what it is you know?" i laughed and continued cleaning the tables.

2