𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

(how reo and iwaizumi first met)

reo

i walked to oikawa's room in shame, i came to visit him as he is bed ridden because he fell harshly on his bad knee at a volleyball practice. i came to apologise to him. to give you a little back story on why i'm apologising to him, i basically kissed oikawa.. in front of his girlfriend, i even tried to act like an actual bitch in front of her, i thought that if she hated me, it would've been easier for me to live with the guilt since she hated me for my mistake and i got my karma, but all that she did was treat me nicely, so here i am, in front of oikawa's room slowly opening the door to visit him. i came here to apologise to him, and if i have the chance, i will apologise to his girlfriend too.

"oikawa" i called, i step in his room and see him sitting on the bed holding his knee, trying to hold back the pain.

"reo-chan? i didn't think you'd visit me" he replied smiling.

"i'm sorry, oikawa, for everything" i apologised, his expression changed into a surprised one but it quickly turned back into a  calm smile.

"it's fine, i forgive you reo-chan. it's my fault too. i disappointed her, and i guess that's a lesson to learn" he replied to my apology.

"you love her that much, don't you oikawa?"

"more than you'll ever know, reo"

———

i saw his girlfriend downstairs visiting him too, she came in a few minutes after me, we talked for quite a while and i apologised to her, i'm glad that she accepted me as her friend. i also met oikawa's best friend, iwaizumi hajime. he agreed to walk me home despite us just meeting. we started walking back in awkward silence.

"___-san said your name was reo?" he asked. "i never got your full name"

"hanako nareo, you can call me reo or nareo, or my last name if you prefer" i answered, he nodded and we went back to not talking.

"sorry i forgot to ask, where do you live reo-san?"

"about two blocks from here, my house is two houses away from the convenience store in my complex" i explained, he nodded and we started walking in the direction to my home.

"so.. iwaizumi-san.. wait no i sound too formal" he looked at me with a confused expression. "oh i know! hajime-san! i think it suits you better" i said smiling.

"that's really informal you know, considering we just met" he laughed, "i guess that's fine"

the awkward silence came back.

"uh.. so how does it feel getting rejected by your crush?"

"you really have no chill do you hajime-san.." i said feeling like his words stabbed my heart a little. "it's fine i guess.. i know he'd never see me that way, he has an amazing girlfriend already and i could never compete with that, no one would like me like that" i continued looking down holding my skirt while holding back my tears, it hurted a lot being rejected by your first love but that's life i guess.

"i'd like you" hajime said.

"huh?" i replied looking up at him as i saw him looking back at me with his normal calm expression.

"w-well i mean since you're a person and all so of course i'd like you but that doesn't mean i'd actually like you like you"

"so are you saying you won't like me..?" i asked playfully upset.

iwaizumi slightly panicked. "no i'm saying that i might, and maybe it's cause you're pretty wait no i mean-"

"pfftt—" i cut him off with a laugh. "well that was honest of you, hajime-san! did you just confess to me? half an hour after we just met? wow i didn't think my life could be like a fairytale!" i laughed so hard i felt my stomach started to hurt a little.

"whatever i was just trying to make you feel better.." he said quietly while looking away, i saw his ears turn red and i smiled as he tried to cover his face with his hand.

"well hajime-san, you did a great job" i replied as he turned around slowly to look at me.

"i feel better already"

EXTRA CHAPTER!!