𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

9 years later —

"___-chan!!"

"reo!!" i shouted as i hugged her tightly, she immediately hugged back as we haven't seen each other in quite a while.

"hajime! where's your luggage? i thought you were going to grab them?" nareo asked her husband who seems as if he has just woken up from a nap in the airplane.

"ah right i forgot to grab them, you two can wait at that cafe near the gate, i'll catch up" iwaizumi said leaving us both to get his luggage. nareo and i walked to the cafe and ordered some drinks, nareo was oddly enough energetic despite just flying from australia to japan, which took about nine hours or so.

"so are you excited for the japan vs argentina match?" she asked. i nearly spit out my drink as she said that. "hajime is coaching the japan team, the match is next month so hajime is going to be coaching the team and he'll probably rarely go home, would you like to stay at our place sometimes?"

"that would be nice reo, thank you for offering and.." i paused. "i'm extremely excited for the match next month"

"you're excited to see him aren't you?" nareo teased.

"haha you know me so well reo.."

"i heard he grew even taller ___-chan! more of him for you to hug in a cliche romantic scene!"

"reo!! that's embarrassing.." i could feel my face getting warmer, it's been years since i saw him, the only feature of him that i remember clearly are his brown waves and brown eyes. the tooru i know has changed, in a good way of course.

"i can't wait to see the match" nareo said smiling. making me smile too.

"me too"

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

the match —

"argentina won!!" the host shouted as the crowd cheered at the sight of the end of the match, nareo and i also cheered as we see tooru celebrating with his teammate. we soon reunited with the japan team and nareo walked over to iwaizumi.

"you'll get them next time hajime" she smiled comforting him as he smiled back.

"yeah i know, it's just ironic that we lost to shittykawa" he laughed.

"oh where is he? ___-chan wants to meet him" she smiled.

"were gonna meet up later at a restaurant near our apartment, i'll drive us there, here's the car key, you two can go and wait in the car, i'll catch up" iwaizumi said as he walked over to the team.

after a while of waiting, iwaizumi entered the car, nareo went out of the back seat to seat in front, next to iwaizumi.

"ah there he is" iwaizumi said as i see a familiar brunette enter.

"hey" he greeted casually as he sat down in the back seat next to me, i smiled.

"hello tooru, how've you been?"

"tired, i'm just gonna sleep, wake me up when we're there okay iwa-chan?" tooru said as he leaned and placed his head over mine, i shifted into a more comfortable position and fell asleep soon after, i miss this.

"they're so lovey dovey aren't they hajime?" nareo laughed. "they haven't seen each other in years and yet they're already so close"

"don't try to wake them up reo, they had a tiring day" iwaizumi said calmly to his wife and soon continued driving.

we arrived at the restaurant half an hour later and ate our meal, we catched up with each other after quite a while of not seeing each other. soon we left the restaurant as it was getting quite late.

"reo and i are going home, ___-san why don't you and oikawa hangout for a while?"

"well iwaizumi-san i-"

"we'd love too iwa-chan, you love birds get some rest, i want to hangout with ___-chan some more" tooru interrupted.

"well if you say so, see you two later! hajime and i are leaving!" nareo said walking back to the car with iwaizumi.

———

tooru and i were standing on a bridge over a river, we haven't said anything to each other but we both accepted the comforting silence.

"___-chan"

"tooru"

...

we soon started laughing as we realised that was one of the most awkward conversation starters we've ever used.

"iwa-chan and reo-chan.. who knew they could end up together?" he joked.

"it was obvious that reo liked him, although i was surprised at how good iwaizumi was at hiding his feelings for her" i laughed.

"oh ___-chan, i forgot to say something important" tooru said suddenly.

"what is it?"

—— !!

"we kept our promises" he smiled.

"t-tooru!! why did you do that?!" i said hiding my face.

"do what ___-chan?" he joked.

"i hate you.." i said slowly walking away.

"oh and ___-chan.."

"what is it now.." i asked.

"you should wear strawberry lip balms more often" he said running away and getting ahead of me.

"TOORU I HATE YOU SO MUCH" i yelled running after him.

"i love you too ___-chan!" he shouted of from quite a distant as he was getting way ahead of me.

did i fell in love with a man child..?

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·
END.

10