𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙮

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

"___-chan, let me make it up to you, let's hangout at the restaurant near our school okay? i'll pay" tooru pleaded, i've avoided him for two days now and he'd been trying to get me to talk to him throughout those two days

"alright oikawa-san, if that's what you want" i replied. he nodded and i quickly ran to my class as i realised i was late again.

———

we arrived at the restaurant, we've been there before on a few weekend dates and or after practice matches. i admired the comfy atmosphere as i was greeted by the kind owner.

"ah you two again, i thought i sensed a young couple coming here" he said. i laughed softly.

"oh we're just friends now" i smiled, tooru stood there awkwardly as the old chef looked at us in confusion.

"is that so? i wonder what could make you two break up, you two were always so sweet around each other" he continued.

i laughed it off and took my seat at a table near the entrance. we ordered our food and ate in silence, tooru looked at me nervously as i calmly ate my chicken katsu and curry.

"do you want some, oikawa-san?" i offered. he shook his head indicating a no and continued eating his food. we finished our food and tooru started to talk.

"take me back, ___-chan, please"

"why should i oikawa-san?" i asked. he stayed silent, not sure how to reply to my statement.

"i promise i won't do it again, ___-chan i miss you.."

"oikawa-san, i'll be there to support you, not as your partner, but as your friend, you have to accept the fact that i won't take you back as my boyfriend" he nodded in understanding.

"you cheated on me, oikawa-san, do you have any idea how hurt i was? i even broke my favourite bento box in shock" i continued.

"it really didn't mean anything ___-chan i promise, i'll explain to you what happened" i stayed silent, signalling him to continue. "she was really sweet and she kept holding my cheek, i just suddenly leaned in and, it happened"

"oh, did you know that the same sweet girl you said called me ugly when she came to my cafe?" i smiled. tooru looked at me in surprise, he knows i don't tend to lie, so he believed me when i told him that.

"just because one person is kind to you, doesn't mean they are kind to others" i finished and grabbed my backpack, i took my wallet and payed my share of the food.

"wait ___-chan, i told you i'll pay!" he said standing up and walked over towards me.

"i'd feel bad if i didn't pay oikawa-san, you of all people should know that" i said walking towards the exit.

"___-chan i'm sorry please wait—"

"enough oikawa-san, i appreciate you but i'm getting sick of listening to your please and apologies, i'm still your friend and i still support you okay? my patience is running thin so i hope you'd understand.." i sighed. he stayed silent.

"goodbye, tooru"

3