Chapter 5: Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe

Third Person POV

"Where is he..." Y/N said worriedly, holding in tears as she and Frodo ran around frantically, searching for Bilbo.

"Maybe he's gone back to Bag End." Frodo suggested. Y/N nodded and Frodo grabbed her hand and led her away from the party and to Bag End. He flung the door open and shouted "Bilbo! Bilbo!"

"Bilbo!" Y/N joined as Frodo bent down and picked up a mysterious golden ring. Y/N frowned.

Frodo looked over to the left and Y/N followed. Gandalf was sitting and staring into the fire, smoking his pipe. "He's gone hasn't he? He talked for so long about leaving. I didn't think he'd really do it." Frodo said as he and Y/N walked over to stand by Gandalf. Silent tears ran down Y/N's face.

"Gandalf?" Frodo tried to get the wizard's attention. He opened his hand to reveal the ring and Gandalf looked at it.

 He opened his hand to reveal the ring and Gandalf looked at it

"Bilbo's Ring. He's gone to stay with the elves. He's left you Bag End..."

Gandalf held out an envelope and Frodo put the ring in it. The wizard sealed the envelope and gave it to Frodo.

Frodo saw that Y/N was crying and wrapped and arm around her shoulders comfortingly, pulling her into him. "... along with all his possessions. The Ring is yours now. Put it somewhere out of sight." Gandalf continued, standing.

He collected his hat and staff and walked towards the door. "Where are you going?" Y/N asked, suddenly more panicked.

"There are some things that I must see to." Gandalf answered.

"What things?" Frodo questioned.

"Questions. Questions that need answering!"

Frodo followed him to the door, pulling Y/N with him. "But you've only just arrived! I don't understand."

Gandalf turned around. "Neither do I. Take care of each other. Keep it secret. Keep it safe." With that, Gandalf walked out the door, leaving Y/N and Frodo standing there dumbfounded.

Y/N burst into tears and Frodo immediately grabbed her hand and pulled her to the couch. They sat down and she cried into his shoulder. "They're both gone, Frodo...We're all alone..."

Over the years, Y/N had grown even less fond of her family. She mostly didn't even speak to them. When she went home (which was only at night) she went straight to her room and to sleep. To her, all she had was Bilbo and Frodo and Gandalf (occasionally). Well, there was the exception of Sam, Pippin, Merry, and Rosie.

"We're not alone, Y/N. It's like Gandalf said. We have each other. Don't worry, I'm always by your side."

Y/N wiped away her last tears and sat up. "Frodo...I got you a birthday present." Frodo smiled as Y/N pulled the present out of her pocket and handed the small box to him.

" Frodo smiled as Y/N pulled the present out of her pocket and handed the small box to him

Frodo opened the box and his eyes widened when he saw the locket. He pulled it out and opened it, looking at the picture.

Without warning, Frodo sprang forward and threw his arms around her. Y/N was startled, but hugged him back. "It's perfect. I love it." he said.

When he pulled away, Y/N smiled and pulled her necklace out of her shirt so it rested on top of it. "I have one too." she declared as Frodo put it on. They sat in silence for a few moments before Y/N spoke.

"Frodo?"

"Hm?"

"Bilbo's gone."

Frodo smiled sadly as she was still processing it and nodded, placing his hand over hers. "He'll get to finish his book."

"I hope we'll get to read it. Maybe even be in it." Y/N said.

"He wouldn't leave out his two favorite hobbits. Well, that is unless he decided in his crazy head that he likes the Sackville-Bagginses better."

They both chuckled and Y/N placed her head on his shoulder, yawning. "You know, Frodo. We'll be alright. I know we will."

Frodo's head leaned on top of hers. "I know we will."

A/N: This chapter is kind of short and it's sad and sweet at the same time. I can't wait until we get on the road to wherever Gandalf tells us to at the time. Whether it be The Prancing Pony, Rivendell, or Mordor.

I looked up on Google the difference between hobbit and human ages, and this is what I found. I think it makes since.

So anyways, I hope you like the story so far

So anyways, I hope you like the story so far. I have other stories too for all the different stuff I like. For example: Star Wars, Harry Potter, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and also another LOTR story. Enjoy the book!