Chapter 14: Arwen Undomiel

Y/N's POV

"Look, Frodo! It's Bilbo's trolls!" I said excitedly, trying to get Frodo to look at the Stone Mountain trolls that I had always dreamed of seeing.

Frodo kept gasping for air. His face was pale and his eyes had gone cloudy.

I felt his cheek and winced when I realized it was as cold as ice. "Frodo?! Strider! He's growing cold!" I shouted worriedly.

 "Frodo?! Strider! He's growing cold!" I shouted worriedly

"Is he going to die?" Pippin asked. It was a question I had been avoiding.

"He's passing into the shadow world. He will soon become a wraith like them." Strider told us. "What about Y/N? Will she become a wraith?" Pippin asked in panic.

"No. I do not know what is happening to her. Are you sure they didn't hurt you when they picked you up?" Strider asked me.

"I-I don't know....." I reached back to scratch my neck, but gasped when I felt something there. "Strider!!!"

He rushed over and I moved my hair out of the way as he examined the back of my neck, which was where they had touched me. "Is there anything there?" I asked impatiently.

"Yes. It looks like they scratched you. With their fingernail." Strider said.

"That's disgusting." Pippin said. Everyone looked at him in annoyance. "And bad! Very bad!" he added.

Suddenly, a Nazgúl's screech was heard. Darkness filled my head and I heard Frodo gasp loudly. "They're close." Merry said. "Sam, do you know Athelas plant?" Strider asked.

"Athelas?" Sam repeated.

"Kingsfoil."

"Kingsfoil? Ah, that's a weed." Sam realized.

"It may help to slow the poison. Hurry!" Strider said as he and Sam started searching for the plant.

I crawled over to Frodo and grabbed his freezing cold hand, watching him gasp for breath as the bright blue faded from his eyes, revealing pale nothingness. A few silent tears fell down my cheeks as I held his hand tightly.

What would I ever do without Frodo? He was my best friend, maybe more one day. If he wasn't there, I would have no sort of happiness in my life, especially with Bilbo gone.

I looked over and saw Strider cut off a bit of a plant but frowned as a sword appeared next to his throat.

"What's this? A ranger caught off his guard?"

The voice was soft and comforting. And I looked up to see a beautiful woman with deep blue eyes, long dark hair, and perfect white skin looking at Strider. I knew this was no human. It was an elleth.

Elleth- Elf maiden

She turned to look at Frodo. He looked to be in some sort of trance, staring ahead where she had approached.