Chapter 19: The Journey of the Fellowship Begins

Y/N's POV

We were taking a break after traveling over open plains and up and down hillsides. The Fellowship sat on a hill. Boromir was helping Merry and Pippin learn how to sword fight while everyone else sat around, watching. Except for Legolas, of course. He never sits down. He's always keeping watching or doing something.

Frodo sat next to me on a rock. I shivered and he wrapped a blanket around, smiling lovingly and pulling me closer to him. I snuggled into his side.

"We must hold this course west of the Misty Mountains for 40 days. If our luck holds the Gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there our road turns east to Mordor." Gandalf informed.

"Two, One, Five. Good, very good." Boromir counted, clashing swords with Pippin while Merry watched from beside them.

"Move your feet." Aragorn advised.

"You look good, Pippin." Merry told him. "Thanks." "Faster!"

"If anyone was to ask for my opinion," Gimli spoke "which I note they're not, I'd say we were taking the long way round. Gandalf, we could pass through the Mines of Moria. My cousin Balin would give us a royal welcome."

"No Gimli, I would not take the roads through Moria unless I had no other choice." Gandalf said and I frowned in curiosity, but decided not to speak up.

Legolas jumped from stone to stone before stopping and looking South, like he saw something. My eyes snapped away from him though when I heard Pippin cry out in pain.

"Sorry!" Boromir had accidentally hurt Pippin's hand. The injured and overdramatic hobbit kicked Boromir's leg. "Ah!"

"Get him!" Merry cheered. He and Pippin tackled Boromir to the ground, the three of them wrestling. Aragorn and Boromir laughed. "For the Shire! Hold him! Hold him, Merry!"

"Gentlemen, that's enough!" Aragorn tried to intervene, but ended up getting pushed back. I laughed as he fell backwards on the rock next to me.

"He got my arm! He got my arm!"

"What is it?" Sam suddenly asked from the other side do Frodo. I looked up to see that he was asking Legolas, who was still staring out towards the south.

"Nothing, it's just a wisp of cloud." Gimli said.

"It's moving fast.....Against the wind." Boromir said seriously, getting up from wrestling with Merry and Pippin.

"Crebain from Dunland!" Legolas shouted.

"Hide!" "Hurry!" "Take cover!"

Frodo and I stood up, taking our stuff with us and dove under a rock to hide. Sam put out the fire and the rest of the Fellowship quickly found hiding places as well.

Suddenly, a huge group of black birds flew over us, cawing loudly. I buried my face in Frodo's chest, feeling safer. They circled the hill twice before flying away towards Isengard.

Everyone slowly came out of their hiding places. "Spies of Saruman! The passage south is being watched. We must take the Pass of Caradhras." Gandalf announced.

We started out on our journey again, going across an open plain. I fiddled with the heart-shaped necklace that hung from my neck, thinking of all those years ago when I gave Frodo his.

"That was quite a long time ago that you gave me that." I looked up at Frodo and smiled. "Yeah, it was. Seems like only yesterday though."

Frodo grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb over the top as we walked.

"GET A ROOM!!!!!!" Merry suddenly shouted, making me blush along with Frodo. "Merry, you ruined that moment. You know that, right?" Sam muttered loudly.

"Well the lad's right! We all don't need to be seen all the flirtin' and smoochin'!" Gimli agreed.

"We'll just have to split them up then." Aragorn declared, suddenly swooping me up and throwing me over his shoulder. I laughed and hit his back. "Aragorn! Put me down!"

He just ignored me and continued to walk and I saw Frodo laughing from behind Aragorn. "Legolas! C'mon buddy. We're friends! Help me!" I pleaded to the elf. He just laughed. "I feel betrayed, Legolas.........Shame on you......"

I continued to lightly hit Aragorn's back and he just laughed at me. Eventually, I gave up and just relaxed, closing my eyes.

And strangely, I fell asleep. In the middle of the afternoon.

A/N: OH MY GOSH!!! I just updated two days in a row! Go me! This was mainly just a filler chapter, but I thought it was pretty cute. #fellowshipbondingtime

Vote, comment, share! Happy reading! :)