Chapter 6: The Ring of Power

Third Person POV

17 years later...

"Hey, ho, to the bottle I go to heal my heart and drown my woe." The hobbits sang as they danced around in The Green Dragon Inn. Frodo and Y/N were dancing around the table that Merry and Pippin were dancing on.

"Rain may fall and wind may blow but there still be... many miles to go. Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain and the stream that falls from hill to plain. Better than rain or a rippling brook..."

"Is a mug of beer inside this Took!" Pippin finished loudly.

Everyone laughed and cheered. Frodo grabbed Y/N's hand and the two of them hopped up on the table.

Y/N saw Sam and Rosie smiling at each other and beamed in happiness for both of them. They hopped off the table and Frodo grabbed two mugs and walked over to the table that Sam and some old hobbits were at, Y/N following behind him.

"Young Mr. Frodo here, he's cracking." Gaffer said as Frodo and Y/N sat down.

"And proud of it. Cheers, Gaffer!" Frodo told him, keeping high spirits. "Cheers." Gaffer said grumpily.

"Well it's none of our concern what goes on beyond our borders. Keep your nose out of trouble and no trouble'll come to you." one of the old hobbits warned. Y/N rolled her eyes and Frodo smiled.

Timeskip...

All of the hobbits walked out of the bar, Frodo holding Y/N's hand with Sam waking beside him. "Good night, lads." Rosie said as they passed her on the way out. "Good night." Sam said.

"Good night, sweet maiden of the Golden Ale." the hobbit behind them said, getting down on one knee.

"Boy, mind who you're sweet-talkin'." Sam mumbled, irritated.

" Sam mumbled, irritated

"Don't worry, Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." Y/N assured him, putting her hand on his shoulder. "Does she?" Sam asked.

 "Does she?" Sam asked