Chapter 18: Bilbo's Blessing

Y/N's POV

"My old sword, Sting! Here! Take it, take it!" Bilbo urged happily, handing his old sword to Frodo. We were standing in Bilbo's room after the secret council meeting that I went to even though I wasn't invited.

Frodo unsheathed it and admired it. "It's so light!"

"Yes...yes.. made by the elves you know. The blade glows blue when orcs are close. And its times like that my lad, when you'll have to be extra careful!" Bilbo told his nephew.

The old hobbit held up a mail shirt in front of Frodo. "Here's a pretty thing.. Mithril! As light as a feather! And as hard as dragon scales! Let me see you put it on. Go on." Bilbo said. My face heated up as Frodo started to unbutton his shirt, but after the first two buttons, you could see the Ring, which was hanging from a chain on his neck.

"Oh... M..my old Ring! I sh-sh-should very much like to hold it again, one last time." Bilbo muttered, his mood changing as he stared at the Ring longingly.

Frodo hurriedly started to button up his shirt, trying to cover the Ring before things got bad, but they did.

I yelped and jumped backward as Bilbo lunged forward, reaching for the Ring. His eyes got big and demon-like. His hands reached for Frodo, trying to grab the Ring, but almost as soon as it started, it was over.

 His hands reached for Frodo, trying to grab the Ring, but almost as soon as it started, it was over

Bilbo backed up, his old self again, and sat down on the bed, weeping. "I'm sorry I brought this upon you my boy...I'm sorry that you must carry this burden. I'm sorry for everything!"

I rushed over and sat down to Bilbo's right, hugging him. Frodo did the same in the left. "I don't deserve the two of you......" Bilbo sobbed.

"Oh Bilbo.......it's not your fault......" I told him, patting his back.

"Y/N's right. We know what the Ring can do......" Frodo agreed.

After a few moments, Bilbo had stopped crying and he looked up at Frodo and I with teary eyes and a smile. "I want you both to know, that I love you and you have my blessing for whatever it is you do in your lives."

"We love you too, Bilbo." Frodo and I chorused before starting another group hug.

Timeskip......

We were all preparing to leave Rivendell. Everyone had gathered at the gates and we had all packed our bags.

"The Ring-bearer is setting out on the Quest of Mount Doom. On you who travel with him, no oath, nor bond is laid to go further than you will. Farewell. Hold to your purpose. May the blessings of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you." Lord Elrond said.

I grabbed Frodo's hand and stood with him at the front of the group that had been named 'The Fellowship of the Ring'.

"The Fellowship awaits the Ring-bearer." Gandalf said.

Frodo turned me, pulling me with him and started to lead the group out of the gate. Then he stopped and whispered to Gandalf. "Mordor, Gandalf, is it left or right?"

"Left." the wizard murmured back.

Frodo nodded a thank you and continued on, turning left. "You got this, Frodo." I whispered encouragingly. His grip on my hand tightened.

A/N: Hallelujah!!!!! Another chapter! It's short, but there it is! Guys, I am so sorry that I haven't updated in awhile, I've been working on other stories. (Definitely not a King George x Reader story) and I've had a little bit of writers block, but that's no excuse not to work on this one some too.

Thank you so much for all of the reads and votes! It makes me so happy to know that I'm not the only one who enjoys the things I write!!! Vote, comment, share! Happy reading! :)