Chapter 16: Rivendell

Y/N's POV

I sat on the edge of Frodo's bed, clutching his hand. I hadn't left his side all night or all morning, and I didn't plan to. Tears were stained on my cheeks from the horrible moments that I thought I was going to lose him.

 Tears were stained on my cheeks from the horrible moments that I thought I was going to lose him

"Y/N." came a voice at the door. I looked up to see Lord Elrond standing there. "You should come away from here and eat something."

I shook my head. "No, my lord. I won't leave him."

"At least let me heal you then." he said with an exasperated sigh, sitting beside me on the edge of Frodo's bed.

"I had forgotten I was so worried about Frodo." I admitted, moving my hair away from the back of my neck. By the look on Elrond's face, I could tell that it didn't look too good.

He closed his eyes and placed a hand on top of the Nazgûl scratch. I wouldn't be laughing for half an hour ever again after this.

"Let galad mír- upon hen once ad-. Lothron i fuin dant- a i wounds n- healed. Wash awaui all traces -o i naeg. A i scar -o i fuin forever n- sealed."

I felt the pain of the scratch fade away and my skin reseal. There was no darkness left, only sadness and worry. For Frodo......

"Thank you, Lord Elrond. For everything." I said with a genuine smile. He returned it before standing and walking to the door. Before he left, he turned around and said "I'll send someone with food. You need to eat. I'll force it down your throat if I must."

Timeskip.......

I was still sitting by Frodo's bed when another person appeared in the doorway. I looked up and my eyes widened when I saw who it was.

Gandalf the Grey smiled down at me and a grin spread across my face. "Gandalf! You're okay! You're here!" I jumped off of the bed and threw my arms around the wizard as he chuckled.

"Yes, I am here. I see you and Frodo have been through a lot on this journey."

"We have, but we're alright now. Or, at least, we will be. What happened to you Gandalf? Why didn't you meet us at the Prancing Pony? We would've been dead if it weren't for Strider."

"I am very sorry, Y/N, but please do not worry about me. It's no matter. I am here now, and you, Frodo, and the Ring are safe." Gandalf said as I pulled away from him and sat down on Frodo's bed again. The wizard pulled up a chair and sat down.

"Did Lord Elrond tell you what happened?" I asked, watching Frodo sleep peacefully.

"Yes. Something about laughing for half an hour and being stabbed by a Morgul blade?" the wizard said, pretending to not know the full story.